cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“New” vs.”Old” Ovens

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
It seems as though the oven burner in our new camper (2019) is located ~2” higher than it was in our 2001. This makes the already small oven about 80% useless.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is anyone aware of a reasonable way to move it?

An electric toaster oven is an ok choice, except we sometimes dry camp.
4 REPLIES 4

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
We bake a few times a year and the lowest rack position is way hot, bcuz of being so close to the high burner. We don't use any deep dishes so we can move the rack up higher. BTW, I have an ancient Robinair direct reading oven thermometer... a K TC connected to a milivolt meter and it's very accurate. It's great for calibrating the oven control! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't used oven in many years, changed to Breville toaster oven about 7 years ago. Now have gone to Cosori oven with air fryer and many other features, Oven sits on oven cover so no counter space needed. Wife loves this thing.

Jim

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
We rarely use our oven, only 3 times. We used it this past Thanksgiving for reheating food and for the first time I put a separate temperature gauge in there mostly out of curiosity. The gauge is bluetooth so I can monitor temps on my phone. The temerature on the oven dial and the actual temps in the oven were no where close. So highly recommend your own gauge if you want to use it.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at the oven in our new Class C, and I can see that it will be easy to burn whatever gets put in there. I HATE to cook, so I was looking at my oven mainly as storage (and it didn't offer much of that either....LOL!!)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!