cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is CBC blocking your video ???

Gruffy
Explorer
Explorer
Went to watch the CBC new via a video stream. CBC's new player informs me that as I am outside of Canada they will not send me their content.

Has anyone else run into this?

CTV still streams the news by the way.
9 REPLIES 9

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Dirty Oil,

Looking for a seat in the senate are you? Perhaps you can fill in for Mr Duffy?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to Harper Land. He would shut off the light at the end of the tunnel if he could find the switch. Unfortunately he is all to adept at finding such switches.

must be a CBC employee... the CBC should have been "shut off" long ago!!
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why would you spoil a good trip by tuning in to CBC television?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Gruffy,

Welcome to Harper Land. He would shut off the light at the end of the tunnel if he could find the switch. Unfortunately he is all to adept at finding such switches.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Gruffy
Explorer
Explorer
Strange... CTV streams into the USA .... I'm listening to to Ottawa news radio as I type. I don't think coprwrite is the problem. CBC has shut down many communities that had a repeater... too expensive to switch to HD they say. PBS in the USA was able to raise the money.

Perhaps we should all ask our MP's why we are funding a public broadcaster who doesn't want to broadcast??

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

You might try looking for a program similar to expat which allows folks to view BBC tv anywhere.
Regards, Don

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Fizz wrote:
Nothing new there.
It's a matter of copyrite.
Also, you can't stream American networks into Canada

Yup, I found this was my experience too.

You can see a video file that has been loaded to the back end systems but you cannot live stream.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing new there.
It's a matter of copyrite.
Also, you can't stream American networks into Canada

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same thing happen to me while in Hawaii last spring
Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks