cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North or South from ABQ this weekend?

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for any thoughts as we look at the long weekend. We're in ABQ with an open itinerary, so debating between Taos/ Angel Fire/ Abiqui and White Sands/ Carlsbad, though we prefer both!

Not sure how the current weather would factor in - and holiday crowds. We can go the other direction next weekend. Always appreciate your time and insights!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.
3 REPLIES 3

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
given your two choices i would go north, less people

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
If you like cool, head north. If you like to sweat, head south.

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
I am in Angel Fire and it is wet, wet, wet. Rain everyday although some hours of no rain each afternoon. Angel Fire main activities (hiking, bikes, fishing,etc) are not pleasant in the rain.

We live in Las Cruces and the forecast is nicer there than here for the weekend. The grand kids are here in Angel Fire though so we will stay for the rain. From an ease of getting there it is 3 hours either direction more or less and the roads are wider and the support facilities are better going south.

I'd go south and I wish I could convince the kids, but reservations were made and refunds are not available.
Turret Class traveler