cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50 AMP SERVICE ?

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
Where do I find the best list of RV Parks with 50 amp electrical hookups nationally ? Thanks in advance.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.
13 REPLIES 13

ETyson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone - Woodall's and Trailer Life Directory merged back in 2013 to form the Good Sam RV Travel Guide & Campground Directory, so although you can still visit the Woodalls.com site address during the transition, it eventually will be just GoodSamCamping.com. You can still search all the campground listings and of course ratings info too.

Also the Woodall's mobile app is no more and you can download the new, and still free, Good Sam Camping mobile app for iPhone or Android at either the Apple app store or Google Play.

Regards,

Ellen
Sr Marketing Manager
Good Sam RV Travel Guide

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30A Class C and stay at FHU parks. I carry a 50A male/30A female pigtail and a 20A male/30A female with me and have used them a couple of times when the 30A is worn or loose. I used the 50A male/30A female once going thru Canada where they only had 50A and 20A female hookups. That's the only time I've seen that.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Oakman wrote:
docj wrote:

It's worth noting that RVParkReviews.com is now owned by Social Knowledge, the parent company of IRV2.com. I hear lots of changes are coming soon, including a phone app.

I know Social Knowledge owns the website CampgroundReport but I hadn't heard that they bought RVParkReviews. Are you sure you're not confusing the two?

I'm an administrator on RVParkReviews.com and what I am telling you is correct about its ownership. There will be major improvements coming to the website soon and a new phone app is being developed.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Oakman
Explorer
Explorer
docj wrote:

It's worth noting that RVParkReviews.com is now owned by Social Knowledge, the parent company of IRV2.com. I hear lots of changes are coming soon, including a phone app.

I know Social Knowledge owns the website CampgroundReport but I hadn't heard that they bought RVParkReviews. Are you sure you're not confusing the two?
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

docj
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
skipbee wrote:
Where do I find the best list of RV Parks with 50 amp electrical hookups nationally ? Thanks in advance.

The best resource for searching campgrounds is Woodalls.com. They do great job of rating the cgs, listing amenities, and even include the lesser known smaller cgs. We've found some real jewels that were never listed at review sites.

Just input where you want to go at Woodalls.com Their app for smart phones is handy for the road too.

Our problem we have with the Woodalls rating system is that there are a lot of factors aggregated into the facilities rating, quite a few of which we couldn't care less about. As full-timers with no kids or pets, we don't care about playgrounds or pet walks and usually don't bother with swimming pools either. With a fully self-contained MH, the cleanliness of bathrooms doesn't matter to us since we never use them or laundry facilities.

The numerical rating approach doesn't permit us to separate out the things we don't care about from those we do, but narrative descriptions such as those we read on RVParkReviews do. We know we miss out on a few smaller parks, but we have been quite satisfied with those we do find.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
skipbee wrote:

The best resource for searching campgrounds is Woodalls.com. They do great job of rating the cgs, listing amenities, and even include the lesser known smaller cgs. We've found some real jewels that were never listed at review sites.

Just input where you want to go at Woodalls.com Their app for smart phones is handy for the road too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
skipbee wrote:

I think it would be safe to say that probably 90% of all "RV Parks" have 50 amp hookups. However, campgrounds (forest/state/BLM/national) are a different matter and are hard to find with 50 amp hookups.

About the only time you really need 50 amps is if you intend to use one or more AC units...the rest of the time, 30 amps will normally take care of all your electrical needs. This is, unless you have two or three daughters who each has to have their own hair dryer and curling irons....

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Select the 50A Allstays filter, tap the phone number of the CG and see if they have an available site.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have never seen or heard of any list of 50 amp only parks. Like others, I use rvparkreviews.com and check the list of amenities on the first page. If I am going to be in a hot area I will look for 50 amps. If I don't think I will need both ACs then I look for a park that has good user reviews regardless of having 50 amp or not.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews is the best source. It shows what hookups are available on the first page of each CG listing, along with their phone number, a map of the location, and reviews by campers that have stayed there.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We basically use Trailer Life and AAA Camping guides. I think those two are the best printed sources.

For on line I use TL and KOA. We aren't KOA members but three years ago we did a mid-September to Thanksgiving road trip and found very few parks open and relied on KOA. A KOA membership would have paid for it's self that trip. I used RVparkreview.com the other day and it lacks detail but does have some good info. DW will Google campgrounds on occasion and loos up websites

I have gleaned a lot of good info from reviewing posts here before we leave and DW checks them out in the printed lists.

We seldom reserve in advance and we don't have smart phones and don't always have WiFi on the road so the books are best for us.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'd just go with http://rvparkreviews.com/ to find the CGs in the areas you want to visit, and then check their websites.
I would rather see the country, and the sights, rather than plan my trips around 50A hook-ups.
One of the nice things about RVParkReviews, is that it give you listings of the parks that are also in the area of a certain town/city, so if you find that one place doesn't have what you want, you can search without having to pull out a map.
Also, since the CGs are rated by folks like you and me, you can get a better sense of what is good/bad about them.

I also think that a majority of the CGs out there now, have the 50A, even if only for a few sites. Availability may be more of an issue than whether or not a CG has it.
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
That's a tough question to answer, given that campgrounds change from day to day almost. For sure, the best list is whatever one you got and a phone call ahead to reserve a spot with what you want in the way of amenities.

I use 3 different smartphone apps, and while I don't care about 50 amp service, for everything else, I've found that none of them covers everything as accurately or thoroughly as I'd like, but with the 3, I usually can find one good place to land.

Two of the three were free, the third cost a few bucks, around 10, I think. If you have a smart phone, the three I use are Good Sams, Woodalls, and Allstays. The last of these has the largest list, but is short on showing fees. It often shows campgrounds neither of the other two list, however.