cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice for Trip to Utah

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to spend a couple weeks in Utah next Sept. Plan to fly and rent Class A/B/C. Just wife and myself. We did this last summer to Alaska and loved it. Had a Class C there. We want to visit the Big 5. Thinking fly into Salt Lake City. Suggestions for renting? Since we will not have a toad, 25' or 26' best? Any suggestions appreciated, just starting to plan the trip. Thx
13 REPLIES 13

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Vegas is probably the better point to fly into.

That said, it's a bit out of the way but we love Dinosaur NM in the NE corner of the state.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
That low tunnel is on 12 coming from the east. There are two short tunels on 12 coming from the west. 12 is a very pretty road. We decided we could 3 months in UTAH. It is a beautiful state. Enjoy your trip.
Betsy

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
Thx

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
you might get cheaper air fare and rv rental by flying onto las vegas .
about 120 miles to utah and two of the biggest and best national parks

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Plan for crowds everywhere.
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
Check the info on RV's and the tunnel in Zion NP. I'm not sure if they will fit. This may effect your route.

Huge buses go through the tunnel and some FW's.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check the info on RV's and the tunnel in Zion NP. I'm not sure if they will fit. This may effect your route.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Have you Googled RV Rentals in the Salt Lake City area? Just looked at Outdoorsy and they have several Roadtrek vans for rent.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
If you are AAA members, their Indian Country specialty map is very good for planning the trip. Also called the Grand Circle trip on various forums. It can still be a hot trip in September but just go for it.

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
We have always had a TT, so want to try out Class A/C for retirement.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
If I remember correctly (its been a few years) there are a couple tunnels that will cause you some concern. MH's have to get special clearance and close the road while they go through. Might want to check that out.

I myself would have a more enjoyable time renting a car also while there
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
See Valley of Gods and Monument Valley on UT/AZ border
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos