cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Algonquin Provincial Park, looking to visit in early August

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I can not get a electric site inside the Provincial Park as everything is booked.

Does anyone know of a campground maybe 30 minutes or less outside the provincial park. Looking to book 4 nights in early Aug. Just need a clean campground, W/E sites with showers.

I'm open to any ideas

Thanks everyone

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
5 REPLIES 5

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
Glad it all worked out for you. Pog Lake is a nice c.g. and is near the half way mark in the park. You might want to check if you can fill your water tanks in the c.g. If not, the water fill and dump stations are just down the highway from the c.g.

Yup, I see fill stations in the campground map, but I will call to make sure before we head there as I hope to just make one trip to the dump station on the way out on Highway 60. Speaking of water, I also plan the bring a empty 5 gallon water fill pail as my fresh water tank in only 22 gallons and I will be cutting it close for the 4 night stay. :C

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it all worked out for you. Pog Lake is a nice c.g. and is near the half way mark in the park. You might want to check if you can fill your water tanks in the c.g. If not, the water fill and dump stations are just down the highway from the c.g.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have been checking all this week and I was ready to give up and a opening showed up on Pog Lake for the dates I needed. I just booked the site. Most likely not a premium site from the online pics I was looking at but I tow a 20' TT so it should't be a problem.

Thank You for replying everyone, I'm back to a Happy Camper! :C

Mike

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Algonquin Park is big. Finding a c.g. 30 minutes outside the park should be no problem if booked early enough. You then have to realize you will have a 15 - 20 minute drive to some of the hiking trails and museums. We have stayed a few times (although not recently) at Algonquin Trails at Dwight which is on the west side of A.P. I think there are probably more options near Whitney - east side of park. I would keep checking provincial park website for cancellations.

Be sure to go to the logging museum when there.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thereโ€™s only a handful of campgrounds within 30 minutes or so of the park. I suggest you have a look at Allstays or some such app or website and go through the reviews.

You might have better luck on the east side than the west too BTW.