cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda

NWGACamper
Explorer
Explorer
I made a reservation for Bahia Honda and in the conformation email saw that my site #40 is listed as being able to hold up to a 20 foot rv. Well mine is 26 feet, does anyone know or is there anyone out there that can let me know if my 26 foot rv will fit in site #40. Thank you in advance.
Brian
9 REPLIES 9

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
Typical of a state or national park. Children are running the parks and have no idea.

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
It was unoccupied this AM. I "stepped it off"---16 paces---better than 45'.

Sites 38-40 are "single-wide". The other sites in that row are "double-wide" and listed as 48'. They are all the same length.

Due to the width, maybe it's difficult to get a big RV turned into those sites---so they list them as 20'?

Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can fit in there, you are going to need a shoe horn!

We have a 25 footer, and every winter manage to get three two week stays at Bahia Honda. That site and the one next to it are the two shortest in Buttonwood and we don't even try to get that one. It is on our "don't try list"

Good luck on what you decide to do

jack L
Jack & Nanci

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the sites are "double-wide", 40 is only "single-wide". It will accommodate a 26' RV, but probably not another vehicle.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

I would call the park itself to be on the safe side. Some can and some can't.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Usually the lengths are estimates for a truck and camper. You might have to parallel park your truck in front of your camper to fit, or else park your truck in overflow (if they have it). You should be fine. Enjoy the trip! We are hoping to make it to Florida this February again, and are going to try to spend a night or two in the Keys. We will likely have to find a hotel on the mainland though...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I live a few miles from there, I'll go over and check it out.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest checking with the park office. I was just there ten days ago, the sites in that section are a little small, but I've been to many parks where the maximum length was not really the max.
Is this your first time going there? It's beautiful
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Moved from Forum Technical Support