cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Between Yellowstone and Glacier???

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
Any fun "non nature" things to do between these two? My family will have had around 8 days of nature... Hoping for some things to do in Bozeman or Helena that the kids (13,11,8) will enjoy. If nothing else, go to a mall and watch a movie. Thanks!
16 REPLIES 16

HuckleberryHunt
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from a Yellowstone/Teton trip. The beginning of the trip was through that area. Although they're not exactly "non-nature", we really enjoyed the Lewis and Clark Cavern tour, the Museum of the Rockies (Bozeman), and sapphire mining at Gem Mountain. All kid friendly activities, but we did them at the beginning of the trip, so the kids were not yet burned out on the natural wonders. Another option might be a whitewater river rafting excursion. Plenty in the area to choose from (at least near Glacier).
2019 Outdoors RV 21DBS
2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Equalizer 4-point WDH

dedmiston
I remember a hike where our youngest kid was pooping out and being a bummer for the rest of the family. Our middle daughter (semi-typical nagging big sister as a kid, but now the most loving sibling on the planet) told her brother, "Don't worry, bud. There's a lemonade stand at the top and you'll get something cool when we get there." Of course there wasn't a lemonade stand at the top and his world melted when we got there.

We've used the "lemonade stand" as a metaphor in our family for 15 years now.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Busskipper wrote:
ppine wrote:
Let me get this straight. You are traveling from NC to MT and want to know about "non-nature" things to do. You are on the wrong trip.

Think some of us have forgotten what it's like to be Young. :B

I'll relay one of my Granddaughter stories - Marron Bells - Aspen are Golden, Sun is shining, As close to a perfect hiking day as we have ever had (Understand that these are Young Girls) Hiked all day never complained, so at the end of the epic Day I asked -What did you enjoy Most - the Sun? - the Aspen? - the Hike? ............No none of those.......we had fun Skipping Rocks in the Stream.......

Sort of puts it all in perspective .......

Smart Mom or Dad, to Planing the kids Day, in the Middle of the Adult Vacation. Only comment I'd make is they might just need another, just before the long drive Home. - :h

Just another Man's Opinion,

My daughter would be the typical whining teenager on our trips to the National Parks, huffing and puffing on the hikes, complaining she was hot, etc. Now that she is 30, she dragged her husband out to delicate Arch to see it and is dying to return to more National Parks. She said her biggest regret growing up is complaining about the hikes in the parks. Giving a diversion helps, and in the end they will appreciate the entire trip, even if it takes a few years of reflection.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I second Lewis & Clark Caverns. We took our kids twice in past years. It is just out of Butte. I would also go to the mining museum in Butte. Have fun!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Fairmont has a hot springs pool.

Ennis - Nevada City/Virginia City Ghost Town

Big Sky - kids' activities on the ski mountain (no snow required)

Three Forks - Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park - nice camping, too

Glacier NP - west side has more activities

Hope the smoke will have cleared for you. Have a great ending to your long trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, sometimes on long trips you need a day of downtime. If that means a movie or water park/amusement park or something similar so be it.

Hope you have a great trip!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
Let me get this straight. You are traveling from NC to MT and want to know about "non-nature" things to do. You are on the wrong trip.

Think some of us have forgotten what it's like to be Young. :B

I'll relay one of my Granddaughter stories - Marron Bells - Aspen are Golden, Sun is shining, As close to a perfect hiking day as we have ever had (Understand that these are Young Girls) Hiked all day never complained, so at the end of the epic Day I asked -What did you enjoy Most - the Sun? - the Aspen? - the Hike? ............No none of those.......we had fun Skipping Rocks in the Stream.......

Sort of puts it all in perspective .......

Smart Mom or Dad, to Planing the kids Day, in the Middle of the Adult Vacation. Only comment I'd make is they might just need another, just before the long drive Home. - :h

Just another Man's Opinion,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
West Glacier and up to Kalispell has more things from an entertainment point of view. Go karts, zip lines, etc. We just got back from 10 days on the east Glacier side (Two Medicine campground) with our 8 YO and there was enough to keep him entertained. Also helped that he had his Nintendo DS but wish we would have taken bicycles for everybody...but that's a different story.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just west of GNP on US 2 in Columbia Falls is a zip line and a water park. At Kalispell City Airport you can take flights over western Montana.

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Go to a mall, see a movie. Can't you do that in NC?

Have you ever been on a four week trip with 3 kids? Sometimes you need a break from vacation....

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Not in between, but a trip up Big Mountain in Whitefish just north of Kalispell is a fun trip.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
World Museum of Mining in Butte.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
From TripAdvisor.com
Attractions in Bozeman, MT

Attractions in Helena, MT
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus