cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds on tubing river tn,ky, al, ga.

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for campgrounds in these areas where they are on a river or creek that you can tube on and return back to campground

Thanks. Bill
10 REPLIES 10

trsky
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Heron Campground KY. On the border of KY and TN. Big South Fork NRRA. South fork of the Cumberland river. My wife and I do it often. Start at the boat ramp Walk up the trail and go in at Devils Jump and end up back at the ramp or go further on down and walk back. There are also outfitters in the area that can take you up further if you want.
KZ Spree 265KS
2007 Suburban 1500 4x4

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
No disrespect taken. On the subject matter it is a nice place to go and enjoy

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pine Barren wrote:
I know a lot of the people in the tribe and they caall themselves Creek Indian. Your correct on that is the same tribe but all the ones I know call themselves Creek Indians from the Poarch band

The guy who runs the Reserve told me โ€œCreekโ€ is the โ€œwhite manโ€™sโ€ name for the tribe but โ€œMuskogeeโ€ is their name. I usually use the latter out of deference to them. I suppose thereโ€™s lots of variation within the tribe themselves. Perhaps itโ€™s a generational thing.

Doesnโ€™t really matter. I didnโ€™t intend any disrespect to you.
Larry

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
I know a lot of the people in the tribe and they caall themselves Creek Indian. Your correct on that is the same tribe but all the ones I know call themselves Creek Indians from the Poarch band

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pine Barren wrote:
Magnolia branch is on Poarch band of Creek Indians land. Nice campground and beautiful creek with a lot of water activities to do there.

FYI: We call them Creek. They call themselves Muskogee. Same tribe.
Larry

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Magnolia branch is on Poarch band of Creek Indians land. Nice campground and beautiful creek with a lot of water activities to do there.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Townsend TN KOA.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve is on Muskogee tribal land near Atmore, AL.
Larry

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Deep Creek Tube Center & Campground, Bryson City, NC. Been there 2x. Great!

whoops....wrong state ...my bad:o
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Hartford TN at exit 447 on I-40. This is more rafting and some rapids rather than a leisurely tubing trip but I have seen people tubing there. There are outfitters that supply a ride and equipment if needed. Couple good campgrounds there too.