cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping and soaking at Hot Springs Arkansas

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
32 foot MH fit ok at Gulpha Gorge Campground? Does the camp fill up each day early? any other campground ideas? And soaking in Hot springs pools--any suggestions on where to go?
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat
8 REPLIES 8

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last September and we stayed at Iron Mountain COE Electric only site, took about 45 minutes to get into Hot Springs.

Lake Catherine & the state park as mentioned have full hook ups and are closer.

Gulpa was full when we were there in September.

For the spas we went to the Quapah and we loved it.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
We really enjoy Lake Catherine State Park.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We like either Lake Catherine State Park or Catherine's Landing RV Resort. Both have full hookups. The state park might be difficult to get into. There is so much to do in the area.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
We enjoyed staying at Lake Catherine State Park when we visited Hot Springs in September.

X2

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Both Lake Catherine State Park and Lake Ouchita State Park are 30-minutes drives from town. Both are very nice. There are also commercial RV parks right in town. I've stayed at Lake Hamilton RV Resort in town.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We enjoyed staying at Lake Catherine State Park when we visited Hot Springs in September.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
A favorite destination for my aunt and uncle years ago taking me along as a kid. Sadly only two of the eight bathhouses on bathhouse row is still in operation. Although the other seven are still there and used for other purposes, including a museum. And you will have to use the Buckstaff Bathhouse, Quapaw Bathhouse, or a hotel spa if you want to soak in the hot mineral waters, as there are no open public pools for that purpose.

NPS bathhouse info

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend Lake Ouachita State Park located about 20 minutes from Hot Springs. They have a full hookup loop located on the lake. While there, take the park's boat tour of the lake.

The national park has one operating Hot spring bath. You can also go to a spa at one of the local hotels.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!