cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleveland Ohio campground

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
Going to an event later in May ( not Memorial Day weekend) that will be held in downtown Cleveland. Any ideas what would be the best campground to stay? Also how many minutes to drive to downtown? Thanks for the input.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel
8 REPLIES 8

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Streetsboro has pull thru sights. I don't know about Punderson SP so I would check out the web site for Ohio state parks.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Findley State Park would be around 40 minutes to downtown, that would be my choice. Nothing real fancy, but they do offer FHU.

Maple Lakes CG is a private one in Seville, probably 35-40 miles from downtown.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
It would be neat if the City could offer hookups at Burke airport or first energy stadium. That would be a great way to see the city. Otherwise only campgrounds I've stayed at up north are Geneva and punderson. Punderson is really nice but it's some distance from the city center.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Streetsboro KOA and would so again. Not lots of options but that is a pretty good one
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking either Streetsboro KOA or American Wilderness Campground. Does either have pull thru sites for big rigs? Thanks again. You have been most helpful.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Punderson State Park. Nice campground with electric hookups about 50 minutes from downtown Cleveland.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Streetsboro. We use that as a starting point for the various paved bike trails in the area.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the nicest campgrounds in the area is the KOA in Streetsboro (near Kent) and it would be about 30-40 minute drive into Cleveland depending on where you are going. Add a few minutes if during rush hour. Another option is Punderson State Park, which is east of Cleveland. Probably about the same commute time. And, American Wilderness Campground (Grafton, OH) wouldn't be a bad location...probably a better commute than Streetsboro or Punderson as you could just go north on 83, pick up the 480 and then the 71 into downtown Cleveland. I suggest you check mileage and travel time to where you have to be in Cleveland using Mapquest.com. We've stayed at Streetsboro many times, and we've been to Punderson and American Wilderness one time each.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption