cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financing RV Lot

Rlogue00
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking for someone who has financed an RV lot in Florida. Need advice on particular lenders or other ideas on how to finance around $200K. Please don’t give advice on buying an RV lot. We’ve already weighed the pros/cons on that. We plan to rent out lot much of the year. Would like to hear from anyone who has already done it or is in the process. Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Rlogue00 wrote:
We plan to rent out lot much of the year.

You will not have anyone wanting to rent that lot "much of the year."
In Florida, the season is the Winter months. The rest of the time, your lot, and hundreds of thousands of lots just like yours, are empty. The season begins after Thanksgiving and after New Year's it is full occupancy. The exodus begins in March and by the end of April, the snowbirds have left. The RV lots all go unoccupied until the migration starts again next Thanksgiving.

Not true in the Florida Keys where our lot is.
The first year we had it, it rented out almost every weekend in the summer and for weeks during holidays. It was booked solid from September right through May and into June

Guy

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
JupiterRT wrote:
sayoung wrote:
Rlogue00 wrote:
I’m looking for someone who has financed an RV lot in Florida. Need advice on particular lenders or other ideas on how to finance around $200K. Please don’t give advice on buying an RV lot. We’ve already weighed the pros/cons on that. We plan to rent out lot much of the year. Would like to hear from anyone who has already done it or is in the process. Thank you!

Would you please describe to this simple country boy just what comes with a $200K rv lot. I readily admit my 5 1/2 acre rv hideaway has been expensive but less than $100k for land, rv cover/slab, patio, Kubota tractor & 2 shop buildings. All cash no financing but in Florida probably most banks/cu in the area would do it.

Curious if you found any issues with local permitting to put a slab with power, sewer on your property?

Nope, other than a state code on septic we don't have the Gestapo watching our every move as in some states.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
When we first bought our rv site in an upscale RV resort, we financed it with a bank. There was a local bank who worked with our resort. You might ask the owner of the lot, if he or she has it financed and with whom? Or do they have some friends who have their lot financed and what company/bank? Call some local banks in the city where this lot is located and just ask if they finance sites in XXX resort?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
All I can say is good luck!

Mitch.
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about a developed lot in an ownership RV resort there are usually only three options.

1. Pay Cash
2. Owner financing
3. Possibility that the resort has a lending relationship with a local bank or credit union.

If you don't have the cash, talk to the seller about option two. They likely are looking to get out and might very well be amenable to terms that are favorable to both you and them. Down payment, reasonable interest rate and an aggressive repayment chedule will help advance your cause.

Even if option three is available, you will need to be VERY well qualified, that means excellent credit history, verifiable income, income stability, and a good down payment.
At $200,000 it becomes specialty lending at an extreme. Not something a credit union or bank will lend on where there is no relationship either by you or by the resort.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got an offer to borrow against the equity in my house. The quoted rate was 3 %.

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
Rlogue00 wrote:

Would you please describe to this simple country boy just what comes with a $200K rv lot. I readily admit my 5 1/2 acre rv hideaway has been expensive but less than $100k for land, rv cover/slab, patio, Kubota tractor & 2 shop buildings. All cash no financing but in Florida probably most banks/cu in the area would do it.

Curious if you found any issues with local permitting to put a slab with power, sewer on your property?

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Rlogue00 wrote:

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Rlogue00 wrote:
We plan to rent out lot much of the year.

You will not have anyone wanting to rent that lot "much of the year."
In Florida, the season is the Winter months. The rest of the time, your lot, and hundreds of thousands of lots just like yours, are empty. The season begins after Thanksgiving and after New Year's it is full occupancy. The exodus begins in March and by the end of April, the snowbirds have left. The RV lots all go unoccupied until the migration starts again next Thanksgiving.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Must be some lot for $200k. Wonder why anyone would sell a lot rentable for most of the year. Must be tired of raking in the big bucks.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh you'll get advice. 🙂
Here's mine. Call a Realtor in the area and let them handle it.
Puma 30RKSS