cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Rapids, MI Campground.

novi2some
Explorer
Explorer
This summer we want to spend some time exploring Grand Rapids, MI. We have a 40' motor home. Any campground recommendations?
Happy Campers Since 1980 and still kicking.
5 REPLIES 5

GrandpaGrant
Explorer
Explorer
Try Dutch Treat in Zeeland, 30 min out of Grand Rapids
05 Dodge Quadcab
2500 Cummins
long bed
08 Holiday Rambler
Savoy 34 SKD
Prodigy Brake
Reese dual cam hitch
Wife Cindy
3 kids
(1 at home)
9 Grandkids

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
What are you planning to do?

Woodchip is good if you really want the city access. If it's just the area, over by the coast is lots of campgrounds with beach access and Holland/Grand Haven are about 20-30min to Grand Rapids.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
More info needed.

How close to downtown Grand Rapids do you want to be? No hookups, electric only, water and electric, full hookup, a swimming pool wanted, a basic type CG, a deluxe very fine CG, On the water or not important, good WIFI and/or cable, how much $$ is too much per day or week? 2 adults or also kids coming and in what age brackets and what's wanted for them. So much more info for a real sensible answer to your question.

There are 21 Campgrounds just in the approx formed shape triangle west of downtown Grand Rapids, to Holland, and to Muskegon alone. lots more south, north, and east of Grand Rapids within ~25 miles also. There's 12 CG's within the Grand Haven (on the lakeshore) to Allendale 15 mile area alone Middle area of the triangle mentioned). The CG's vary in amenities offered of course but all I can think of will have sites large enough for your 40 footer. You probably will be pulling a car behind also for commuting around daily.

The closer to Lake Michigan CG book up fast and some are booked full already.

The Grand Rapids metro area (MSA) is over 1 million population and is sprawling and the Grand Rapids Combined Statistic Area (CSA) is 1.5 million pop so not small.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

ggardne2
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at Woodchip Campground outside of Grand Rapids (approximately 15 minutes to downtown). It has been several years since I have stayed there but the last time I was here it was a quiet campground that could accommodate larger units. I have also stayed at the Allendale KOA, it can also accommodate larger units but is further from downtown (30 minutes or so).

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
R V park reviews is your friend!

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS