cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Harrison AR Recommendations?

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
I did a search and nothing came up. Looking for a clean, safe and reasonably quiet place to stay, for a week, next September after Labor Day weekend. Just the two of us in a truck camper. Won't be around the campground too much except at night to sleep.
2007 Adventurer 90fws Truck Camper
2001 FORD F250 SuperCab; 8' box; 4x4, 7.3l diesel, rear Sumo Springs
9 REPLIES 9

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
Ku Klux Klan capitol of U.S.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
The only reason to go to Harrison AR. is because you have relatives/ friends there. There is nothing there. I know, I have relatives there.

Our Maxi-Scooter Rally will be based out of Harrison with most participants staying in m/hotels in town. We'll spend most of our time riding the great roads in and around that area.

We're looking at Harrison Village Campground and RV Park mostly because it has a swimming pool that will be open when we are vacationing there and we've found that is a very civilized way to wind down and relax after a day of riding.

Anybody ever stay there or know anything about it beyond the basic information found on the web?

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
The only reason to go to Harrison AR. is because you have relatives/ friends there. There is nothing there. I know, I have relatives there.

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks one and all. Useful input.

FYI - we'd like to stay fairly close to Harrison as the people we are meeting up with are staying in town.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bipeflier wrote:
You would love Shady Oaks. Just a few miles south of town, very shady and quiet. We have camped there several times in our 5th wheel.

I'll 2nd that. We just spent 4 nights there and it's a nice place. Close to the Buffalo River Rec Area. The owners go above and beyond in making sure you're ok.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
You would love Shady Oaks. Just a few miles south of town, very shady and quiet. We have camped there several times in our 5th wheel.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have to be in Harrison or just in that part of the country ? Lots of campgrounds about 30 miles away on the White River. I have stayed at Johnson Ferry RV park & it's good. We usually go & stay about 50 miles west of Harrison.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the RV parky list if it helps.
Harrison ar
This appears to be the closest.
Harrison village.