cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Having Fun in the Sun!

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Time to pick on my friends in S TX... having to run the AC in the afternoons. Looking forward to the cold spell in a week.:B :B :B

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...
13 REPLIES 13

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
We're dry camping in the Everglades and it's too **** hot! The low last night was about 75.
Give me some pity...
JK

That is what we call a cool night in Texas in the summer. Low temps around 85 are normal in the Dallas area in July and August.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
On a serious note: I hope you are staying warm and that the lights are on. Fortunately a RV is self contained so you should be better off than most during this record cold.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Like I first posted โ€œTime to pick on my friends in S TX.โ€ Granted this one is colder than normal but unfortunately Iโ€™m able to do something this and have for many years. If I hadnโ€™t grown up in WPB I might be freezing with you in TX.

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Up until last Thursday I was in shorts and flip flops. It's really cold here in south Texas right now, but they tell me it's a once in 20 years event. No big deal! We sill like it here!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Bought our RV lot in WPB 15 years ago for $40K and could sell for $100K today. The cost to use for those 15 years is $75K (HOA, property tax, electric). If I sold, the $15K difference for 15 years is pretty easy math...$1,000/year. If it will help, Iโ€™ll add in the $800/year interest on the $40K.
First picture is on the back of our DP.

In the right place the value jumps by leaps and bounds.

We bought our lot in Key largo six years ago for 80 K and right now there is one in a much less desireable place for 180 K. With our 2 queen size bedroom 2 year old trailer on it, it would go easily for 230 K
We get bombarded from realtors with buyers wanting to buy our place

Naturally we have no intention of selling - we love it here

Guy

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
What about the humidity? Out here our humidity is low even when raining!

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bought our RV lot in WPB 15 years ago for $40K and could sell for $100K today. The cost to use for those 15 years is $75K (HOA, property tax, electric). If I sold, the $15K difference for 15 years is pretty easy math...$1,000/year. If it will help, Iโ€™ll add in the $800/year interest on the $40K.
First picture is on the back of our DP.

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Time to pick on my friends in S TX... having to run the AC in the afternoons. Looking forward to the cold spell in a week.:B :B :B

Would you like to compare campground rates between Florida and South Texas? Three months in Donna, Texas cost us $1200. That's about the monthly rate in Florida. We love south Florida especially the Ft Meyers and Sanibel Island area but unless we win the lottery it won't happen.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
We're dry camping in the Everglades and it's too **** hot! The low last night was about 75.
Give me some pity...
JK

We love the Everglades !
We use Flamingo as our base camp and then go kayak camping from there -
Some times as many as five days.

Guy

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Give me some pity...
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:

Well, you definitely will win for the next week, there's no denying that. starting today was only the fifth day I've worn long pants all winter but it looks like I'll add another five or six days.
pawatt

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
There must be a lot of people who have been waiting for a South Texas cool down. Got a call from a friend in Missouri who was happy that we might get some frost this weekend. (It was 12 F there). Texas is a great bargain for the temperature per dollar spent. Been above normal most of the Winter with many Air conditioner afternoons.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We could get above freezing on Sunday. Maybe. :M