cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-77 WV

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will be coming up from NC on I-77 into WV heading to New River Gorge. I am seeing there are tolls on I-77 in WV. I looked at the website and found it confusing. They do not accept cards for toll payment. I will be pulling a TT so will have a total of 4 axels. Trying to get a handle on what the tolls will be so I can be ready.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
20 REPLIES 20

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
ferndaleflyer wrote:
They charge by the axle and why not an EZ pass?

EZ pass does not allow to configure for the situation, truck with 2 axles pulling TT with 2 axles. Concern would be that I drive through EZ pass lane towing a TT and the authorities know that EZ pass can't be configured that way.

I also looked at the Uproad app. It also cannot be configured for this situation. In addition if you do the Pay as You Go method they tack on 15%. 15% of $4 not a big deal, 15% of $41 isn't worth it.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Went up through there last October with fifth wheel--4 axles. Paid nothing close to that commercial rate.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
They charge by the axle and why not an EZ pass?

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
JoeH wrote:
First hit on Google shows this WV I-77 Toll Schedule $41.25 if you pay cash

Here lies some of my confusion. That truck rate of 41.25 makes me think of commercial truck. Is a pickup truck towing a TT the same rate as a commercial truck? If it is that is fine. I will look into using Uproad as that would be better than stopping and paying.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I travel that road from NC a lot. As I remember you only have 1 toll before exiting on 19 to the gorge. During covid we spent a week at the gorge and surrounding area. Can't help you with the tolls as we sometimes have 5 axles, sometimes 4 and sometimes 2. I use an EZ Pass so have no idea the cost as it comes out automatically. I went up in Dec and I think the sign said $4.25 for a car at each toll booth. Don't miss the coal mine exhibit at Fayetteville. Also that link above is not the official WV website. I saw one flaw right off, the turnpike ends at Charleston. There is a big sign right there thanking you for using the WV Turnpike----but I-77 goes from border to border. Just remembered, I'll be going up this weekend, maybe on Sat so I'll report back.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
First hit on Google shows this WV I-77 Toll Schedule $41.25 if you pay cash
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard