cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Land Between the Lakes

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been here in later half of march? Is the weather too cold to enjoy the area that time of year? Our son and his family is on spring break and trying to find a nice campground somewhere with hiking and nice playground. Our grand babies are 5 & 3 so have to have things to keep them busy!! LOl Wanted to meet them in Panhandle of florida or southern Alabama but cant find anything with such short notice. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
8 REPLIES 8

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campingfarmer wrote:
We camped in LBL first week of April last year. Temps ranged from 20's to 70's during the week with snow and frozen water on Saturday morning as we packed up to head home. Piney (TN) and Hillman (KY) have lots of activities for kids and adults. If you choose the North end of LBL, Grand Rivers is a nice little town with plenty of shopping and the best pork chop I have ever tasted.

Be a while before they have pork chops again. Pattiโ€™s burned.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We decided on Defeated Creek Coe near Carthage TN. Prob won't be warm there either! I know that is such an iffy time for weather. Thanks again !
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

Campingfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We camped in LBL first week of April last year. Temps ranged from 20's to 70's during the week with snow and frozen water on Saturday morning as we packed up to head home. Piney (TN) and Hillman (KY) have lots of activities for kids and adults. If you choose the North end of LBL, Grand Rivers is a nice little town with plenty of shopping and the best pork chop I have ever tasted.

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
As has been said, weather could be anything. While sites on water are very pretty they are also cooler that time of year. Wind blowing off the water can be cold and uncomfortable. Sites away from wind are much warmer.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Canal Campground.Weather that time of year can be cold or warm.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ticks were a problem in that area a few years ago. (for you hikers) We just don't stop there any more.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm there every year at the end of March. Nice family place. Plenty to do, but plenty of solitude too.

Weather can vary from 40s to 80s. Usually jacket weather which isn't necessarily bad as that means no bugs. I've been there every March since 2001, and most years in a tent. Did have an electric heater for nights though.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Not much help , but some years warm , some cold, probably would wait till the week before and still get a spot

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS