ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a recommendation in Las Vegas. Need a site for a month,
14 REPLIES 14

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
We had a $5000. bike locked with a Kryptonite lock and the thiefs cut through the lock. Sams Town is in a pretty sketchy part of town. We really like the hotel itself. Beautiful Christmas decorations in the indoor garden. Good buffet. We just won't stay there again. Actually we try to avoid Las Vegas. Other than the buffets, nothing there for us.
Betsy

dedmiston
pitch wrote:
mittshel wrote:
The Oasis is best. If you stay at Sams Town make sure your stuff is locked up really well. Even then bikes are stolen on a regular basis.

What make you say that? We've stayed at Sam's four times in the last few years.
Never a problem.
Did you have a bike stolen? a private gripe or actual reports of crime in the resort?
I have heard that Circus-Circus is a real circus at night, but having never stayed, I cannot attest!

I don't think it's limited to any single property. Stuff gets stolen all over town. We've stayed at Oasis a few times and a bunch of times at Sam's. I wouldn't leave anything outside at either spot.

We had our bikes locked to our car roof years ago and someone cut the lots and took both bikes. This was at a decent hotel, but it happens all over town in Vegas. The joke was on them though, because the bikes were old clunkers. The insurance check helped us upgrade.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Oasis on the south end. Circus Circus on the north end. Oasis is nicer, but circus circus is better located on the strip. Depending what you want to do.

Enjoy your trip.

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
mittshel wrote:
The Oasis is best. If you stay at Sams Town make sure your stuff is locked up really well. Even then bikes are stolen on a regular basis.

What make you say that? We've stayed at Sam's four times in the last few years.
Never a problem.
Did you have a bike stolen? a private gripe or actual reports of crime in the resort?
I have heard that Circus-Circus is a real circus at night, but having never stayed, I cannot attest!

Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a bus stop at the Oasis that will take you to the strip? That's what we liked about Sam's
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Betsy

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Oasis RV Park!

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arizona Charlies

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll second Sam's. Get a KOA discount card.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We also like Oasis RV Park. We had my cousins from Finland fly in and stay with us there. When we walked around LV at night they mostly had their mouths open staring at the spectacle. He wanted to buy dinner for my birthday at the Bellagio. . . he spent more on the tip than he had ever paid for a dinner!
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stay at Sam's Town KOA if the trailer goes to Vegas. Fairly basic. Had a free bus to take to the strip or down town... need to verify if it is currently running.

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 for the Oasis, nice place, 24 hour security gate. Groceries and other necessities nearby.

mlpeloquin
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis RV Park and Resort. A nice RV park just south of the strip. You don't here gun fire like on the Bolder Highway.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We always camp at Lake Mead but I think it's a 14 day limit and it's dry camping.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.