cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leaving NY

Outhere
Explorer
Explorer
Back on the forum after a long time missing. Hoping to get out if NY in the next couple of years, or sooner. Target area is Northeastern Tennessee, Northern Georgia area. Life would be a lot easier if we could find a campground that would also have a storage area for when not in use. Tow the TT down and use as a homebase while house hunting. Nothing fancy needed, just secure. No meth heads next door type of place. Open to suggestions. We have been googling and searching forums for a while, doesn't beat boots on the ground.
All replies will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.. ( or y'all)
4 REPLIES 4

Outhere
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Panther Creek State Park in October, site booked. Now to find a storage facility so we can leave it in the area for the winter. It would be great to find one that also serviced rvs.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Northeastern Tn has a very low cost of living, a Medical University in Johnson City that most folks, not from the region even know is there, and no state income tax. Modest homes can be bought for far below the national averages.
If you cant tell this area has made my short list.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did not know that about GA taxes, thanks.
It's hard getting DW too far away from the grands, maybe this can convince her.
Puma 30RKSS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
LNRVpark.com and you will not have to look very far for a home. At 62 you are exempt from GA income tax of $36K/person increasing to $65K at 65.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...