cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Memphis to Branson

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Branson this week for 4 days from Memphis. Just started looking for things to do and with the exception of dinner shows and the Titanic exhibit, doesn't seem to fill up 4 days. Any suggestions?

Also looking to drive through Little Rock on I 40 or use RT 65 north. Both appear to be about the same time, but RT 65 is a little shorter distance. At $5/gal for diesel, I am starting to pay attention to distance, and not just time.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
6 REPLIES 6

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
cruising spud, you pick the best show "The Haygoods" they are are go to show when folks come to Branson for a visit.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
We JUST got back from a week at Branson. Our two favorite things-a tour of Top of the Rock and seeing the Haygoods-a show. We had never been at Branson and wasn't sure how we would like a show-it was great.
Kathy

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have taken 55 north out of memphis to 555 to 63 to 412 to 65, much easier driving, a lot of new 4 lane, faster and shorter with better road.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Unless you like to drive the wonderful Ozark Mountain roads we have. I would take I 40 to Hwy 65. The only bad part of 65 is going through Harrison, stay in the left hand lane as the right has not shoulder and you are riding the curb the whole time.

It really depends what you like to do. One could really spend a week in my great town. We have a new Aquarium thats worth a visit. Or amusement park it ranked 1st for family parks. Even if you do not do rides its just great to walk around. Some of the best shows are daytime ones, so look at that. Bass Pros main store is in Springfield a 45 min drive on 65. If you are into Civil War history we have the Wilson Creek National Battlefield just North of Branson

https://www.nps.gov/wicr/index.htm

I would check out a couple of our newest things to do
WonderWorks https://www.wonderworksonline.com/branson/

and Beyond the Lens https://beyondthelens.com/branson/

Many good restaurants and shopping to be had

Good Luck and enjoy Branson
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
On Wow....did 25-26 shows in 30 days a few years ago! Only did one dinner show and that's the Stampede....afternoon and nite shows can fill as many days as you can handle.

The "Landing" where the Bass Pro is a lot of fun to wander about and enjoy Happy Hour, lunch or dinner.
Never did make it to Silver Dollar City but its certainly an option. I think the Train ride is still running also across the street from the Landing. Have Fun!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bass pro is only just up 65 at Springfield with a super wildlife museum only 30 miles or so from Branson. There is a River Boat on Table Rock lake called the Branson Belle with a good show and nice meal. There is Dogwood Canyon that is a nice scenic tram ride or a leisural stroll. Lots of shows on the strip. There is Top of the Rock that has a great resturant and a guided tour that is a beautiful place. Also has a great course if you play golf. Below the dam at Table Rock is the trout hatchery and at the state park is a great little museum with the history of the area and the lake. Lots more if you look around while you're there.