Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need RV Park Near San Francisco in August

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can anyone give a friend of ours assistance with this request? They say:

"We are trying to find an RV park somewhere outside San Francisco....even 2-3 hours. The ones we have called closer are all booked. We will need to leave it for 10 days when we go on our cruise."

Any ideas? I'll pass them on. Thanks

Denny and Cindy Henderson
fulltiming, currently at Chestnut Lake Thousand Trails in Port Republic, NJ
14 REPLIES 14

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
2 hours south. Locked gate at night; attendant all day. reasonable rates http://www.campgroundviews.com/listing/pinto-lake-park/
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Alameda Fairground RV Park in Pleasanton. It is close to the BART (electric train) station which they can take into S.F. or to tha airport if needed. They will let them keep it there for two weeks for a fee. You just need to check to see when the county fair is because they won't have space available at that time. Also. Another vote for Petaluma KOA. Also, there is a RV park at the Santa Rosa fairgrounds. These are just gravel lots but have access to S.F. Make sure they check on travel time to S.F. During commute hours as it can take awhile if driving.
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great helpful responses, everybody. And a generous offer from bbaker2001. All the info has been passed on and I am sure it will be a big help. Thanks, again!

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you friends know the parks rules, some don't allow leaving a RV unattended. Dick

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
if you like wine, there are a couple of options in Napa.

Skyline Park is a rural campground with some hookup sites.

Napa Expo is a typical RV park with full hookups and near downtown.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for Petaluma KOA. They just took my reservation a couple hours ago for next week with full 30 amp hookups. We're going to see music downtown and any chance to take the camper out we will. Pricy and I can report back after the weekend. There is Gothe Booth? St. Park outside Calistoga if they want the Napa Valley
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

patggg
Explorer
Explorer
bbaker2001 wrote:
how big is the RV. we are 2hrs from SF. might be able to park it in my side yard in Stockton,
Fort Myers, Florida

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
how big is the RV. we are 2hrs from SF. might be able to park it in my side yard in Stockton,
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

rarintogo
Explorer
Explorer
When our daughter lived in SF, we stayed at the KOA in Petaluma. It was not a bad drive in and out of town. We did have to cross the Golden Gate bridge everyday. We have a little dog that we didn't want to leave in the RV while we were gone, so we left him in a great kennel close by.
Joe and Joy
'04 Winnebago Itasca Sunrise - 34D
W22 Workhorse, Banks Power Pack, Bilstein Shocks, Davis TruTrac,
Jeep Liberty Toad.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Willits KOA 3 hours north
Moss Landing KOA 2 hours south
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for your speedy responses. I've passed your suggestions on to our friends.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go tradewinds in Vallejo. This should work well for you.

Tradewinds
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

alcaracu
Explorer
Explorer
anthony chabot county park in castro valley. 10 min from the bart and full hookups.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Henderson wrote:
Can anyone give a friend of ours assistance with this request? They say:

"We are trying to find an RV park somewhere outside San Francisco....even 2-3 hours. The ones we have called closer are all booked. We will need to leave it for 10 days when we go on our cruise."

Any ideas? I'll pass them on. Thanks

Denny and Cindy Henderson
fulltiming, currently at Chestnut Lake Thousand Trails in Port Republic, NJ

Look at Vineyard RV Park just outside of Vacaville, right off hwy. 505. Approx. 3 hrs. from S.F. Located in quiet country side with many Mall shopping opportunities within 5 miles.