cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagara area RV parks

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to spend some time in the Niagara area. Visit Lockport, Niagara on the lake as well as the falls. Looking for an RV park to use as a base. Any suggestions welcome as well as any must see sights.
14 REPLIES 14

oomkin
Explorer
Explorer
Niagara falls Ontario is a good option
sorry I can't link to it.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
rvnutts wrote:
Just found this thread. We too are thinking about staying at Four mile Creek in September. But looking at Google Earth it looks like two very low under passes to get into the park. Is this the only way in? We have a 13'5" fifth wheel.

I forget how we went in, but we didn't have any issues. I haven't measured, but assume I'm about 13' 6".
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

rvnutts
Explorer
Explorer
Just found this thread. We too are thinking about staying at Four mile Creek in September. But looking at Google Earth it looks like two very low under passes to get into the park. Is this the only way in? We have a 13'5" fifth wheel.
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
Their rates take all fun out of the trip.

WNYBob wrote:
The newest campground/resort is Branches of Niagara Campground & Resort, on Grand Island. Last time I looked they were competitive with KOA, a!so on GI.

Don't forget to check on shuttles to the falls, some are free.

Lake George NY area RV parks are 100+ bucks a night, Place by Alex Bay NY is like 80 bucks a night, so Branches IMO isn't too far out of line.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Their rates take all fun out of the trip.

WNYBob wrote:
The newest campground/resort is Branches of Niagara Campground & Resort, on Grand Island. Last time I looked they were competitive with KOA, a!so on GI.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the NY Enhanced Drivers License you can cross into Canada
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

longdrive
Explorer
Explorer
Bring passports - you will want to see the falls from Canada side.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
There are two campgrounds suggested here all the time depending on what you're looking for. I've stayed at both and recommend both. For a State Park with Electric hookup - 4 Mile Creek. For a Private Park with full hookups - Branches of Niagara.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 more SP along the shore of Lake Ontario, Golden Hill, Lake Side and Hamlin Beach, each is farther from the falls but all nice campgrounds. Then there's one of the best SP, Letchworth and Allegheny.

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
4 milen is for sure a grewt place. 5 years ago didn't have reservations and couldn't get in and stayed at the yogi bear, it wasn't so bad either.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
4 mile creek

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Four Mile Creek. Ideally located.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we're in that area, we prefer the electric only Four Mile Creek State Park about 20 minutes from the falls on the shore of Lake Ontario. If you'd rather spend a bunch more money for a full hookup though, The Branches of Niagara is particularly nice.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate