cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North Rim or Demotte Campground for 37 foot Class A

Cabo_Paul
Explorer
Explorer
Were planning a trip to the North Rim in 2018. Just checking to see if our 37 foot Class A will fit at the North Rim Campground or the Demotte Campground. If both will work, do you recommend one campground over the other? Thank you!
Cher ๐Ÿ™‚ and Paul :Z our Havanese, Peanut :p, and our Heathen, Lucy:p
Journey 36M :B :R Buick Enclave Toad
7 REPLIES 7

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't address Demotte, since I've not stayed there. But was at the North Rim the last week of their operation before closing for the season. There were a number of larger Class A rigs there, interspersed around the CG. They are all pull thru sites there, I would recommend one of the sites on the outer side of the loops vs the inner loop. Had site #10, was plenty of room for my 26ft trailer (30 ft w/rear slider) and my GMC 3500 dually, with space left over. The "prime" spots are #11 through #16, which are right near the canyon edge.

In addition to the CG being convenient to the Lodge, there's also a general store and fuel there at the CG. However, fuel is not cheap. Would be better served to fuel up just outside the entrance, at the Kaibab General Store. Diesel fuel was 30 cents/gallon cheaper there.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We had no trouble fitting into this pull-through the middle of May 2011 at Demotte.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the North Rim this fall with friends who have a 40 foot class A coach. You have to pick your site carefully but you will have no trouble. We really enjoyed camping at the rim. It is a beautiful national forest campground in an outstanding setting.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or -- now for something completely different -- what about boondocking out in the Kaibab National Forest near the North Rim? It is really possible with a big rig -- lots of space, wide pullouts, decent gravel roads. And fun to scout in your toad, too.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Demotte this year in a 40'DP and loved it. The campground hosts were fantastic. Winchester lodge next door had great food also.
We loved the North Rim.
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing like being on the edge for sunrise/sunset/just sitting watching shadows change, dinner at the lodge. Our 40+ did just fine. Enjoy it all.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I did not have any problems with a 32 foot TT at north rim.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos