cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ridgway state park co

jensenst
Explorer
Explorer
Can you get uver the air tv in campground?
7 REPLIES 7

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
dadd45 wrote:
JnJnKatiebug wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
Lots to do in the area and the outside scenery is gorgeous. Why a TV? ๐Ÿ™‚

I am not the OP but after Jeeping all day and sitting by the campfire a little while we like to watch TV for a hour or two and relax before going to bed. Also like to keep up with the news but mostly the weather. I really don't want to be washed off the side of a mountain when Jeeping.

X2

We have found that a good book -- or Magazine -- or even a Road atlas will do the same thing -- I have found that as hard as it is to let all these electronic things go -- when you are in the Middle Of Heaven (San Juan's) it sure is nice to just be alone with your own thoughts,

But He** that's just me and a few thousand other's who usually only turn one page before we put the book down and fall asleep...........

Did I mention we might have had a nice cold Beverage first,

Work hard and Play Harder.

Enjoy the the San Juan's.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
I would suspect that the upper loops would be the most likely to get over the air. We were living in Ouray when they were building the state park at Ridgway Reservoir. So it quickly became our weekend get away camping spot and it remains our favorite Colorado state park. We last stayed there in 2012 for two weeks at the lower campground with full hookups, Pa Co Chu Puk. (an old Indian word meaning "campground located below an earthen dam or something like that". This past summer Ridgway SP was full, so we spend a week in Montrose and the month of July in Ouray at the KOA.

In all the years we have camped at Ridgway SP, I don't remember trying to get over the air TV. We stayed there one summer for a couple of weeks in a Class A with a roof mounted satellite dish and watched TV over that system. In 2012 I had to use my Wilson Sleek cell amplifier, with an external antenna, to be able to use our cell phones, but Ron has mentioned a new cell tower has been installed. The Park area was known to be a "dead" area for radio signals for years. I worked as a road deputy for Ouray County for several years and our two way radios in the patrol cars wouldn't work adjacent to the park entrance. We were often involved in back up situations at the campground.

I am curious as to where the over air signal mentioned above, originated from, must have been off the Montrose repeaters located on Stom King Mountain.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

dadd45
Explorer
Explorer
JnJnKatiebug wrote:
2gypsies wrote:

I am not the OP but after Jeeping all day and sitting by the campfire a little while we like to watch TV for a hour or two and relax before going to bed. Also like to keep up with the news but mostly the weather. I really don't want to be washed off the side of a mountain when Jeeping.

X2
DadD45
2004 Cross Country Coachmen
2001 Wrangler behind
JUST HAVIN' FUN!!!

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:

2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Clattertruck
Explorer
Explorer
Probably not much. However, there is a cell tower up on loop D
Clattertruck
2008 SD F450 Pickup PSD 6.4L CC 4X4 DRW, Lariat Auto trans 4.30 LS, 2013 Lance TT 1885, Toyota 2014 Tundra Crew Max 5.7.

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
We were there just a couple of weeks ago. We could get three channels. One was cartoons, the other was in spanish and the other was a PBS channel on cooking and remodeling. I now know how to cook some really good meals and how to build a deck.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".