cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park near Noesho River OK

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm planning our upcoming (2020) cross-country trip. So Far I'm up to the Tulsa Ok area. I've been checking out the Campgrounds near Afton, Bartlesville and Tulsa OK. and I'm finding a bunch on the Noesho river just northeast of Tulsa OK. most with good to very good reviews. We plan to stay here for a couple of days as a break from driving, do some laundry and relax before we continue west. Just the wife and I with 2 small dogs, Smaller Class C with no tow. We will be in this area toward the end of June. I plan to head west on US 412 out Tulsa from this stop. I realize this is a big area but if all goes as planned, we will be leaving Springfield Mo that day and only have 120 or so miles under our belt by the time we get to Afton Ok. so we won't be pushing it by any means. If you have a favorite in this area your suggestion is appreciated.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
5 REPLIES 5

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
If you have never traveled in that part of the country be aware that rivers aren't going to be like the rivers you have in New England. They are almost all muddy, slow moving sloughs. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay near an Oklahoma River.
True story: There was a prison escape at the State prison near Stringtown, Oklahoma. The warden was interviewed and asked what was being done. He said they were watching the highway and the railroad but otherwise just waiting. He said that after a day or two in the surrounding swamps and creeks escapees just get driven crazy by the leeches, snakes and mosquitoes and return on their own. That is Oklahoma water recreation at it's finest.

I've been through Stringtown many times. No it's not Montana. If you want to see sloughs, snakes, alligators, and mud come to SE Texas.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
You may consider the Tulsa Expo Center RV Park. It's definitely in town. Absolutely no scenery. It's a big asphalt parking lot. But it is handy for shopping and has a laundry and showers. Ask about their schedule for horse shows etc to be sure it won't be packed.
I have stayed there for 15+ years in January for the annual Chili Bowl midget races. Never an issue.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
If you have never traveled in that part of the country be aware that rivers aren't going to be like the rivers you have in New England. They are almost all muddy, slow moving sloughs. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay near an Oklahoma River.
True story: There was a prison escape at the State prison near Stringtown, Oklahoma. The warden was interviewed and asked what was being done. He said they were watching the highway and the railroad but otherwise just waiting. He said that after a day or two in the surrounding swamps and creeks escapees just get driven crazy by the leeches, snakes and mosquitoes and return on their own. That is Oklahoma water recreation at it's finest.

You must not have spent much time in the Sooner state. Stringtown is in the southern section of the state which is much different than NE OK which is full of nice, clear lakes and streams and is where the original poster is referencing
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We like Keystone State Park, about 15 miles west of Tulsa. It's just off US 412, a good four-lane expressway, so you are 15 minutes from downtown. There is an commercial RV park in town at I-244 & Mingo, but I don't recommend it (having stayed there twice) unless you really need to be in the city.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer