cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical outlet issues

patriot1965
Explorer
Explorer

Hello all. Newcomer here. I have an electrical issue. I just purchased a Forest River Cardinal 3825FL. I had a couple guys helping me get it set up, plugged in, etc. To make a long story short, I discovered that 220v has been ran through 110v outlets, causing my refrigerator and microwave to be fried. Now when I test the rest of the outlets I am getting a reading of 110 AND 220. Being a complete novice regarding wiring and electricity, I don't even know where to start!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

To start, would be to disconnect the improper power source. Next, you'll need a qualified electrician to check/repair all electrical in your coach, to ensure all is safe for future use. You mentioned several appliances were toast, and you're likely correct. All needs to be checked! 

You are not the first, that this happened to. It is not good. but can be repaired.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

About 99 % certainty, the plug your coach has been plugged into is wired wrong.

Ah....that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

To start, would be to disconnect the improper power source. Next, you'll need a qualified electrician to check/repair all electrical in your coach, to ensure all is safe for future use. You mentioned several appliances were toast, and you're likely correct. All needs to be checked! 

You are not the first, that this happened to. It is not good. but can be repaired.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

Is it 30A or 50A? Often the 30A RV receptacle gets wired incorrectly for 240V