cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scottsdale AZ area

Gottahaveit
Looking for a nice RV park in Jan. during the Barrett Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale. Need a RV park that is Big Rig Friendly and we will have about 5 rigs. I found a few: Aztec RV, Green Acres and Road Runner RV. Eagle View was on the top of the list however they are booked solid. Any first hand knowledge and/or suggestions appreciated. Thanks
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
5 REPLIES 5

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show at "West World" are in January as well. That will also fill up many of the parks and motels to overflow!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are usually stay at McDowell Mtn. for Barrett Jackson. Wonderful place but if you don't already have reservations, you are most likely out of luck. We made our reservations 6 months out and our favorite spot was taken. McDowell and the other Maricopa County RV parks always fill up during B J week as they do during the golf tournament. You'll most likely have to drive in from Apache Junction or Gold Canyon. I also know that the Canyon Vistas short term sites in Gold Canyon are usually full both of those weeks. Good Luck.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
McDowell Mountain park is nice. Big spots spaced apart. Booking site allows you to see spot dimensions and photo.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Cave Creek Regional park is a beauty with big sites...water and electric & dump station....two week limit. There are also other regional parks in the area, McDowell Mountain, Usery, Lake Pleasant, White Tanks. Lost Dutchman State Park is awesome! It also has huge sites.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of the up north folks like to head for AZ during the winter months... The whole areas was always full up when we lived out that way in the 70s..

I always liked the APACHE JUNCTION camp sites. Good freeway connections to anywhere and abit off the road - off to yourself... You are probably going to find them booked up as well...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS