cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seasonal site N Florida or S Georgia

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Seasonal campgrounds in Northern Florida or Southern Georgia that you would recommend. One where you can leave the RV or purchase the lot. I would like to have a concrete pad and full hookups, don't need a lot of other amenities.
8 REPLIES 8

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at some RV parks in Valdosta GA and Lake Park GA. Noticed the sites were very close together. River RV park seemed the nicest, Oak RV park did not look as if it had a level site and they assigned you a site. Eagle in Lake park had some larger sites in the long term area. Most had very little room between the sites. Very few had a concrete patio and if they did it was postage stamp size.

I stayed in a motel this trip since I had a short amount of time and a very long drive.

Overall kind of disappointed on what's available. Last time I took the RV and stayed at Top Sail by Destin but was hoping to be close to Valdosta.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Pensacola RV Park is real nice. Not sure about the concrete pad, though.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Coastal GA RV Resort in Brunswick is fully paved, mostly pull thru sites, there are a bunch of back-in sites along the perimeter of the park. They are usually booked for the season, but you can contact them. They are expanding the park, but probably won't be ready for a few months. They are a couple miles from I-95. Can't buy the lot though.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Pecan Park in Jacksonville was real nice when we stayed a night there 5-6 years ago, it is best the airport tho.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Coastal in Brunswick, GA looked nice when I rode through there.

Stagecoach RV in St. Augustine (off I-95) nice, but no concrete pads the last time I was there.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I know the climate is less then ideal. Family in the area is why I'm looking at this location. I would probably use electric heat.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dare we assume by seasonal you mean November thru March? You can get temperature averages for any city on the weather site and others.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked out the climate in that area - we have camped in north florida in January and February and burned lots of propane - that is why you I could not find any to recommend to you
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks