cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Things to do along I 75 FL to ON

Falcon35
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to the FMC Rally in Perry GA (March 17-20) on our way home to Ontario from Florida on I 75. We don't want to go directly home as it will still be cold in Ontario. We have to be home by April 12 and will be spending about a week with family in Lima Ohio. That still leaves us some time to be tourists along the way. Any ideas for things along the way?
2012 Georgetown 378TS 2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBruteโ„ข Elite RV Tow Bar
11 REPLIES 11

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
Renfro Valley Music Park near Mt Vernon, KY. I think they are open in March. They have an RV park also.

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stone Mountain park in Atl. Nice CG also.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
We just moved to the Knoxville area and find there is a lot to do around here. There is an Escapee RV Park in Heiskell, TN - Raccoon Valley that is right off I-75 north of town. Nothing fancy but very reasonable rates. From there you can do day trips to Smoky Mountain National Park, Gatlinburg, Cumberland Gap National Park, Museum of Appalachia in Clinton, and Knoxville. Lexington, KY also has some horse related museums and beautiful countryside for another stop.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Lookout Mountain and the Incline RR in Chattanooga among many other things. We stay at The Holiday Trav-L RV Park. Have you been to Great Smoky Mountains? If not, you could get in I-40 to Sevierville and drive around in the park. We like River Plantation RV Resort in Sevierville. Lost Sea Cavern in Sweetwater TN is neat. There is a KOA in Sweetwater TN that gets great reviews. Ditto on the Corvette Museum and don't miss the factory tour in Lexington KY.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
I live about 25 minutes from Lima weathers not bad. Wet snow but roads are clear. Its the kind of snow that will be gone in a couple days.. Have you ever gone to the Air and Space Museum? Its not that far from Lima..http://www.armstrongmuseum.org/ or try this http://traveltips.usatoday.com/things-see-i75-michigan-florida-109220.html
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Ky., There is a KOA close by.

Falcon35
Explorer
Explorer
Thank's for the quick suggestions but we need to put in a little time before we get to OH. There is a weather advisory for Lima with blowing snow for Lima today. We do want to see our daughter and her family but not in that weather.
2012 Georgetown 378TS 2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBruteโ„ข Elite RV Tow Bar

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Neil Armstrong museum.

63-Coupe
Explorer
Explorer
Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington KY. Close to I-75. Their camp ground is open all year round, the water is usually back on around the middle of March. Clean washrooms and showers, two dump stations, no sewer hook ups. The museum is quite extensive and can take 2 or 3 hours to go through if you are really into horses. http://www.kyhorsepark.com/

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Scratch that post. I'm re-editing! Sorry wrong trip. My wife just reminded me that the "Mile High Pie" was not on I-75, but off I-70 in Illinois. I looked it up on the Internet and it's the Blue Springs Cafe. Sorry about that. I had the wrong trip in mind and the wrong road. When you travel around, sometimes the attractions get mixed up!

But the KOA in Clarksville, GA is a right decent stopping point. Lots to see in that area. And so is Pine Ridge campground in Georgia. We've stayed at both.

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
Dayton Air Museum.

In Dayton, Ohio. It's free and has RV parking.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS