cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tonight it's Suwanee River State Park

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I havent been here since a I was a kid, but there is no doubt that the park is just as awesome as I remember.

There's something to be said about driving around on dirt and then pulling into your site. Florida really got that part right.

It's good to be back.
5 REPLIES 5

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
RVUSA wrote:
You should see Blackwater River, it's west over by eglin AF base. (the coloring come from tanin).

clicky

We stayed at Blackwater River the following night after Suwanee River. We enjoyed it a lot more. The sites are built a lot better. These two stops were on the way home from Tampa. We have been trying to stay at different parks each time we travel to check them all out.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love that whole area.
We just got back from a three night/ three day 60 mile camping trip down the river using the state paddle in river camps.
We love the snow white sand banks on every turn in the river.
I think the prettiest and most pristine section is from Fargo, Georgia to White Springs Florida.
We also do the annual river race and just did it prior to our camping trip.
We made our base camp at the Stephen Foster Culture Center State Park which is another place that is well worth a stay at.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
You should see Blackwater River, it's west over by eglin AF base. (the coloring come from tanin).

clicky

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Full hook ups on every site!

Yes, the river is always dark, just darker at sometimes than others.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there for one night back in September while passing through. It was on the rustic side some, but we enjoyed it. Our site was so unlevel we could not get level. At that time the river seemed high and was flowing very fast. Is the river water always dark?
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox