DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Increased Engine Power?

I have a Gas Workhorse 8.1 with Allison 6 speed and want to increase power. I have added Banks Power exhaust systems on 2 coaches in past and was very pleased in Mts and on short entry ramps. I now see they have a new water-methanol injection syste...

Surge protector

I want to get a surge protector and I am considering one that is installed permenently. How difficult would that be for someone to do? I have no background as an electrician .

rfsod48 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Added a fireplace

Still got some cosmetic work needed, but it is in. I was surprised how it heated my entire camper.

FKT4387 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Flooring

Found a soft spot in the "foyer" square right inside the door of my 99 Hybrid TT. What kind of supports am I likely to find under the flooring? I am hoping to cut the section out and replace it with more sturdy material. Also the step assy is under t...

LilJack by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How are my solar panels doing?

First time extended camping with my new panels and I would like to know what others think of their performance. I have two 140 watt panels and a Morningstar sunsaver duo charge controller. Highest amperage has been 12.25 which I think is pretty good....

Vach by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging with TV alternator... Mod with pics...

Finally finished my charging cable mod from TV alt/battery direct to camper batterys for dry camping...I did a small charge today and checked voltages only. My clamp on amp meter was not working... I will post back with amps and how long it takes to ...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 69 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Panel Pre-Wiring

I have an '06 Corsair (General Coach) 5th Wheel. On one of the interior wall panels there's a sticker that says "Solar Panel Wire Behind Panel". Interested in knowing whether what wiring is actually there and if this would be the spot where the sol...

Question on shower mod

We are picking up our new to us class motorhome next week and we wanted to purchase a in shower shampoo, conditioner, shower gell dispenser. There are lots to choose from but it is hard to tell how big they are and how good they work so... I figured...

suprz by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

More storage

I'm looking to pull thisout of my BT Cruiser and replace it with a cabinet, desk or something else that would provide us with more storage and useability. Anyone have any suggestions?

tedp by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tangled in cords

Some how or another we ended up with a gnarly mess of cords/chargers for all our electrical devices.Two cell phones, (and of course they take different chargers), GPS, MP3 player, MP3 dock, tablet, tablet keyboard, camera, laptop, hot spot, and Lord ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

a different way to carry bikes

I searched for the best way to carry bikes in a camper. In my old camper I used fork mounts over my dinette. In my new camper I have a bunk that I don't need. I removed the couch and the bunk, installed a few supports, stained some plywood and ins...

tbiker99 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

DC Wiring question

Looking to install a DC Digital Voltmeter/Dual USB 2 Port/DC12V Power Socket Three Hole Panel.Can anyone answer if these should be wired in series or parallel?Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

Electric over hydraulic actuator

Looking for anyone who has installed an electric over hydraulic actuator... I am finishing up my disc brake conversion but have a question about the actuator wiring..I have a Hydrastar actuator with 4 wires ---yellow wire goes to cold side of breakaw...

under belly re-install

happy saturday --I am removing the underbelly of my 5er to do some work. All of the bolts holding it up are completely rusted and any effort to take them off results in snapping the heads....obviously not a problem for removing the cardboard junk, b...

sealing old eterna bond.

I was on my roof the other day and noticed the eterna bond tape that I put on about 10 years ago has started to come apart.The white outer cover on the tape is coming off.Can I just use new tape to cover the bad parts or should I try and take the old...

busyguy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes