cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue sky sea TS 610 TPMS install

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Bought an inexpensive TPMS system and installed it today. There was not enough room for my fingers so I had to take off the hub cabs. They were on very tight. My old rv had a bolt that attached them. This one they just pry off.
At first I could not get the monitor to read any of the sensors. The instructions say do it again. So I took them off and reinstalled them. It turned out I had to remove all the tightening nuts they come with because it appears the sensors were not getting tight enough. I finally got readings on all of them and with a little study I was able to set the units to psi and Fahrenheit. I found two of my dualies were dangerously low. One was only 39 psi. I could hardly believe it. Getting the air compressor inside the wheels to inflate the tires was difficult. There is just one installed valve extender. I think I need more.
Once I finally got the tire inflation about right I will be able to mount the device on the dash. Iโ€™m just going to use the 3M tape provided though I know it wonโ€™t last. Iโ€™m reluctant put screws in the dash.
Dually valve extender with sensor

Front tire sensor

Readings
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021
2 REPLIES 2

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Looks complicated. There is one extender on already. Maybe the other leaked.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Valve extenders are notorious for leaking. You'd be better off to bite the bullet and have extended length valve stems installed.

Just one source, there are several others including Amazon:

Dually Valve Kits
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate