cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Refer Shelf Gap Fix

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
The main shelf in my Dometic refrigerator has a big gap in it, supposedly to accommodate tall items on the shelf below. The problem is that we never need that feature: tall bottles fit well in the door. So normally, there is just a big hole in the shelf for everything to fall through to the shelf below.

To fix the problem, I fitted a sheet-metal filler into the gap. I used 20-gauge stainless steel, since I had some on-hand, but this can give you some ideas. The piece is 6-inches wide and 8-inches long. The ends are bent-down at three-quarters of an inch each leaving a 6-inch by 6.5-inch "table".

The result is a shelf that is much more usable for the normal refrigerator items. If I need the gap for tall items, I just lift the filler out of the shelf.
4 REPLIES 4

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
That's a great idea, too.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is Always a good thing to be able to make more use of what you have
I see that you have got those 2 small crisper bins. I found them always to small to put things in so I changed it out to one larger one.

Although it is a Norcold product ,it fits nicely in my Dometic RM 2652,and no more folded lettuce :B

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's where the gallon of milk or pitcher of tea goes.

Colder spot then door which is warmest place in fridge.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice.
I wish they would put a door over that area so we could use it in different ways.