cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High Pressure Propane Outlet

BcBorn
Explorer
Explorer
New to the Forum, thanks for allowing me to join. RVing is such a great adventure, my wife and I bought a 2012 Dutchman Kodiak and we just love getting out and enjoying nature. We are always looking for tips and tricks to make it better every-time we go out.

Our latest upgrade involved adding a permanent high pressure takeoff between on of the propane tanks and regulator. No more taking an extra propane bottle to run Coleman camp stove.

Our next adventure is upgrading the antenna to snuggle on those rainy nights.

As noted above, I wanted a permanent High Pressure Take Off for my Coleman Camp Stove. The key here was I wanted to be able to leave the plastic Propane Tank Cover in place with everything attached. I have an auto switchover regulator made by Flame King, the others are no different.

Note: Two stage auto changeover regulators have a 1/4 MPT x Female 1/4 Inverted Flare fittings screwed into the regulator (Do not remove).

In my case I wanted to add hoses with guages so decided my best option was the pigtails with a std 1/4 pipe thread rather than the inverted flare thread. To utilize a std 1/4" NPT thread (which most fittings are), I had to convert from the inverted flare at the regulator was the first step.

To do so I bought the following brass fittings to complete the process, I threw away the tube nut on the male pipe connector and threaded the inverted flared end (7/16 x 24 thread) into the regulator fitting. From there, everything was STD 1/4" pipe fittings. I thought about removing the fitting out of the regulator and replacing it but was told their was a check valve in behind the fitting and removing the fitting would destroy the operation of the regulator (Do not Remove)

Off the new fitting I attached a 1/4 Brass street 90 degree elbow, to point toward the trailer and get away from the tank to allow enough room for the cylinder throwaway fitting. My supplier was Fairview Fitting, but I'm sure their are others

Cylinder Primus by Male Pipe c/w Check Valve P/N 2096 1 Req?

Male Pipe Connector 1/4 Tube Od X 1/4 Male Pipe P/N 68-4B 2 Req?

EXTRUDED 90ยฐ STREET ELBOW P/N X115-B 2 Req?

EXTRUDED TEE P/N X101-B 1 Req?

EXTRUDED 90ยฐ ELBOW P/N X100-B 1 Req?

12-inch 1/4" NPT RV Propane Hose with Gauge, Stainless Steel Braided RV Pigtail Hose Connector for Standard Two-Stage Regulator with 1/4" Male NPT (2-Pack)?

These braided hoses I bought off Amazon
1 REPLY 1

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the regulator on the stove is not an integral part you could have just removed it and put a quick disconnect on it. Did that for the Webber Q. The regulator is now fitted with a quick disconnect that mates with the Webber. Best of both worlds now.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member