cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MORRYDE XFACTOR Cross brace Installed

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few weeks back I installed the Morryde CRE 3000 Suspension upgrade. I also planed to install the Morryde Xfactor Cross Brace which I did today. I ran into a little issue that might save anyone doing this in the future a little time.

When I installed the CRE 3000 I also installed the Wet Bolt Kit.

The Xfactor cross brace comes with a longer wet bolt. Which means I had to remove the Equalizer wet bolt(I only installed the Xfactor on the center equalizer bracket) that I had previously installed and replace it with the Xfactor wet bolt. Which means I had to jack up the trailer and remove the tires again.

Removing the wet bolt and installing the longer one is not difficult but if I had known I would have done it at the same time as the CRE 3000 and wet bolt install and saved myself a few hours.

The Xfactor was heavier than I thought.

I'm not sure what gauge the Xfactor channel is but the ends of the channel are closed with very thick steel. The new longer wet bolt bolts through the end plate thus needing the longer wet bolt. The kit also includes a upper metal strap for extra strength.

I have not towed with the new suspension yet but I am sure it will be a great improvement.

The only other thing I will add the instructions for the Xfactor calls for torquing the longer wet bolt at 40 pounds. The original wet bolt kit calls for torquing at 50 pounds. I went ahead and torqued it to 50 pounds the same as all the other wet bolts.

The center flange bolts on the channel are torqued at 40 pounds. The metal top strap is torqued at 15 pounds. I could not get a torque wrench on those bolts so I just used a 1/4" ratchet so not to over tighten.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
3 REPLIES 3

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Installed all three braces after having some frame cracking in that area...no problems since....great mod.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
jshupe wrote:
Did you only do the center hanger? They also make braces for the rest of the hangers and they make a big difference when you do all three on a tandem.

I was planning on doing three of the Xfactor cross braces which include the center equalizer and the front and rear leaf spring shackle hangers. BUT I have a problem with sewer plumbing running right in front of the shackle hangers.

If you can only install one Xfactor cross brace then the center equalizer is the place to do it.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you only do the center hanger? They also make braces for the rest of the hangers and they make a big difference when you do all three on a tandem.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s