cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-line Water Meter

WaltersFamily
Explorer III
Explorer III

This is something that we have found to be really handy when filling up our fresh water tank or when flushing the black tank.  Don't worry, we have two different in-line water meters for each of the mentioned applications, LOL! Picture - Water Meter.jpg

It's pretty much a guessing game when filling up the freshwater tank unless it is completely empty.  We would rather fill up to almost full rather than let it overflow and potentially cause a suction and draining water from the tank.

It works great every time when flushing the black tank.  We can fill up to whatever number of gallons and drain no problem.

Anyway, thought we would share!

5 REPLIES 5

We-Wander
Explorer
Explorer

Great option. Wish I had one a while back. Was filling my Coleman and it overflowed. Unfortunately, the tubing inside the RV was not secured properly at the factory and the inside of the camper got a fresh water flush. 

dedmiston

@WaltersFamily wrote:

This is something that we have found to be really handy when filling up our fresh water tank or when flushing the black tank.  

That's interesting. I use one to fill my fresh tanks, but I never thought of using one for the black tank flush. I just use my watch for the flush (fill it for about four minutes).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad

I haven't looked yet, but I assume they are available at Amazon.  Do you recall what they cost?

Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

@Cptnvideo wrote:

I haven't looked yet, but I assume they are available at Amazon.  Do you recall what they cost?

I got this two-pack a few years ago for around $35. They're on sale today for $25.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BTT2HKXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Thanks for the info.

Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah