cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior redo in small TT just about complete

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 07 Orbit Sport 180FQ. Our interior has been the generic faux sponge brownish beige look walls, beige/white vinyl flooring, rickety mini blinds with Cornishes and decor of shades of blue. Nothing wrong with it, it has worn well except for the mini blinds ๐Ÿ™‚

I was tired of the generic cookie cutter interior so on Memorial Day weekend started transforming our camper into a fun cheerful vacation retreat.

I painted the walls and cabinets, leaving the bathroom door and refrigerator door alone. (I can tell you right now, I am a horrible painter.) It took much longer to paint than I imagined. I've learned that a small space doesn't necessarily mean and easy space to paint! I used a good primer coat from Lowes, that is mildew/mold proof meant for kitchens/baths, I then used a top coat with the same mildew/mold resistant formula. I chose a white primer and slightly off white antique top coat, it looks stark white yet to my eye, but a good backdrop for anything I wish to do in the future.

We used the same hardware on the cabinets as before. We found a cute owl shower curtain to replace the beige/pink original. I recovered the cushions in a cheerful cabana stripe fabric that is meant for outdoor furniture. I then used some of the same fabric to recover the bolster above the interior door archway as well as for some of the new valances. I sewed new curtains and valances for all the windows. Using fabric from my stash. I did have to buy more fabric for the escape window and window over the bed. I installed vinyl planking over the existing floor.

I've never installed flooring before, and found pretty quickly again that a small space isn't necessarily an easy space to install! especially, with all of the angles in our bathroom!

I didn't have a backsplash before, but decided after some research and thinking to try a photo backsplash, then screwing plexi over it.

We still have some organizing stuff to do, shelving, hooks. Trim work to finish to make my cobbled efforts look a bit more polished but overall I'm pleased with the results. DD loves it, DH likes it. At first he was unhappy with me painting everything, but now that it is complete, I think he understands my vision. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll post my photos in the reply
27 REPLIES 27

MookieKat
Explorer
Explorer
campknitter wrote:
@MookieKat be sure to post your photos ๐Ÿ™‚
DH installed some of the trim. He hadn't measured what was needed, so back to HD or Lowes we go lol.

It may be a while but will do.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! You should be proud of the job you did. Well done.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
@MookieKat be sure to post your photos ๐Ÿ™‚
DH installed some of the trim. He hadn't measured what was needed, so back to HD or Lowes we go lol.

MookieKat
Explorer
Explorer
Soooo much nicer and much more personal!!

We have been shopping for our first trailer and I am soooooo tired of the generic look!! The all look the same!! We are buying used and I have every intention to redo the joint!!

You have inspired me to take the plunge!! Love the new "you" look!! Individual and refreshing...much more cheerful...very homey feeling! Excellent job!!

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
thanks Hitchup & Leno

LarryJM thank you, definitely not everyone's cup of tea as you say. I'm looking forward to 2 weeks of camping in about a week and a 1/2 ๐Ÿ™‚

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
@flowergirl I used Zinsser mold mildew resistant primer & top coat for kitchen & Baths from Lowes. (water based latex)

@tbsnrhurley Thank you! I will look forward to your photos ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm still dragging my heels on those finishing touches.

Flowergirl
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. I want to paint our walls in the motorhome. They have a design on some wallboard. Not sure what it is. You primed them and then painted them, correct? Regular paint?

tbsnrhurley
Explorer
Explorer
campknitter wrote:
We have an 07 Orbit Sport 180FQ. Our interior has been the generic faux sponge brownish beige look walls, beige/white vinyl flooring, rickety mini blinds with Cornishes and decor of shades of blue. Nothing wrong with it, it has worn well except for the mini blinds ๐Ÿ™‚

I was tired of the generic cookie cutter interior so on Memorial Day weekend started transforming our camper into a fun cheerful vacation retreat.

I painted the walls and cabinets, leaving the bathroom door and refrigerator door alone. (I can tell you right now, I am a horrible painter.) It took much longer to paint than I imagined. I've learned that a small space doesn't necessarily mean and easy space to paint! I used a good primer coat from Lowes, that is mildew/mold proof meant for kitchens/baths, I then used a top coat with the same mildew/mold resistant formula. I chose a white primer and slightly off white antique top coat, it looks stark white yet to my eye, but a good backdrop for anything I wish to do in the future.

We used the same hardware on the cabinets as before. We found a cute owl shower curtain to replace the beige/pink original. I recovered the cushions in a cheerful cabana stripe fabric that is meant for outdoor furniture. I then used some of the same fabric to recover the bolster above the interior door archway as well as for some of the new valances. I sewed new curtains and valances for all the windows. Using fabric from my stash. I did have to buy more fabric for the escape window and window over the bed. I installed vinyl planking over the existing floor.

I've never installed flooring before, and found pretty quickly again that a small space isn't necessarily an easy space to install! especially, with all of the angles in our bathroom!

I didn't have a backsplash before, but decided after some research and thinking to try a photo backsplash, then screwing plexi over it.

We still have some organizing stuff to do, shelving, hooks. Trim work to finish to make my cobbled efforts look a bit more polished but overall I'm pleased with the results. DD loves it, DH likes it. At first he was unhappy with me painting everything, but now that it is complete, I think he understands my vision. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll post my photos in the reply

I will be borrowing some of your ideas. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe not my cup of tea, but it does look great, looks very well done, coordinated, and chearful and this is one area where personal preference trumps any and all opinions of others.

Enjoy your new to you trailer:B

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Leno
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my gosh I Love It!

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Nice redo. Green is a restful color to me.

Over the last couple of years, I've noticed that some of the newer RV's have painted cabinets rather than stained finishes. So you are definitely updated.

I'm tempted to make new curtains for ours, but we decided to order a new unit for our retirement home and will wait to see if the green ones I made before will work on the new one.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
@Granted thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Granted
Explorer
Explorer
Love the redo. You did an excellent job.
Papaw Hal and Gramma Suzy
Diesel,Lottie and Ebony The Shar pei with Attitude
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 33L
2000 F350 XLT LA West Custom DRW 7.3 PSD
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
@ the Bridge: Ms Tascha 2003-2015

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 & tommy64-
Thank You!

@SomedayisNow - Thank you. Yes, the counter goes all the way to the back beside the fridge. I am trying out some of those stacking closet maid wire coated stacking shelving. We just went for our first campout since the redo last weekend and I think they are working out pretty well for now. I put the coffee maker, bread, peanut butter on the shelving and store the toaster on the counter underneath the shelving. It made everything much neater rather than thrown back in that area all jumbled up ๐Ÿ™‚

I wait until we are stopped before setting items on the shelving though ๐Ÿ™‚ I also added 2 of the same shelves in the cabinet over the sink. Much more storage friendly. I have to work on our game cupboard next.

We still haven't installed our hooks, shelving or finish trim but we really enjoyed the atmosphere the new colors have created for our vacation place ๐Ÿ™‚