cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LP hoses, not pipes?

Fritz_H
Explorer
Explorer
Started work installing an Olympian Wave 8 in my 2014 Denali...found a few changes from how my '08 Jayco was built. First, the low pressure gas doesn't get distributed in copper or iron main piping - there's a rubber hose that runs down the curbside frame rail with manifolds wherever there's an appliance and other rubber lines run up into the trailer to the appliances. Second, the plastic enclosing the underbody is pop riveted on, not screwed on.

I'm planning to mount the heater on an interior wall toward the rear road side, nowhere near any of the manifolds or existing hoses, because it's the ideal place for radiant heat to reach the entire coach, and there's no other place nearly as useful.

So, my plan is to disconnect the existing bbq pigtail from its manifold toward the front and run a new flexible line back to where I will then drill a hole to run the hose inside and connect it to the heater, then seal/insulate the entry points. Since I can't drop the plastic underbelly, I'll drill a small shallow hole as a pilot and look inside to see if I'm going to hit anything important (unlikely in that spot).

What am I missing? The location is nowhere near any known plumbing or electrical lines, though I worry about the gray water tank...
Randy
Olympia, WA
2014 Dutchmen Denali 2371RB
pulled by a 2008 Ford F250 XLT Supercab
2007 Shelby GT
1985 VW Vanagon GL
4 REPLIES 4

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Fritz_H wrote:
Second, the plastic enclosing the underbody is pop riveted on, not screwed on...Since I can't drop the plastic underbelly..What am I missing?

Sure you can drop the plastic underbelly! Just drill out the rivets, and down comes that plastic! You can pop rivet it back with a very inexpensive pop rivet tool, or you can just screw i back on!

Fritz_H
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Cut a three sided window in underbelly material for access to area.

Folded side of window towards the front.

Then tape closed when done using Gorilla tape OR Eternabond tape

This is why I ask for advice...so simple, so effective. THANK YOU!!!
Randy
Olympia, WA
2014 Dutchmen Denali 2371RB
pulled by a 2008 Ford F250 XLT Supercab
2007 Shelby GT
1985 VW Vanagon GL

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought pop-rivets were easy to drill out and replace.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cut a three sided window in underbelly material for access to area.

Folded side of window towards the front.

Then tape closed when done using Gorilla tape OR Eternabond tape

Yellow tape (gas ---teflon) for any fittings

And use 'soap bubble solution' to check for leaks............no matches :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31