cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing refrigerator trim

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to remove the trim on the sides of a Norcold N1095? I'm want to remove the left side trim in order to see if there is room to run a couple wires through the space...if there is any. I'm not sure what I'll be able to see if the trim is removed, but I'm hoping to see a little daylight between the fridge and the cabinet to the left of it.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
11 REPLIES 11

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
An alternative might be to run the wires up the back corner so they will not be visible no matter how far off the corner they are.
m

Thanks. That was actually my first idea but at 24" the cabinets are incredibly deep and since they are also narrow I just can't reach into them far enough. I can't get to the back.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
An alternative might be to run the wires up the back corner so they will not be visible no matter how far off the corner they are.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a pretty cool tool, let us know if it works.

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
2 many 2 wrote:
Try this: Click Here

Thanks.

I looked at those but continued looking because I couldn't find the dimensions of the chuck which seed important in order to know how close I could get to the corners. One of these may have a slightly smaller form factor and allow me to get a little closer to the corner.

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
Great suggestion. That may be my best bet. I've just been shopping for those. I would have to buy a hex drill bit to go with and since in places I'll be running three 18 AWG wires through one hole I just made a few test holes in a piece of wood to learn I'd need a 1/4" bit. I'd probably want one smaller too for drilling tap holes.

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try this: Click Here

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Flexible drill bit extension?
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
Why not drill on an angle into the corner?

Help me out here. I really can't make sense of what you're saying. Drill from where to where exactly?

Wiring will pass through the holes I drill and if the holes aren't in the corner then the wires won't be either. The photo I posted above shows the drill with the bit placed as close to the corner as possible. Any wiring passing through that will essentially be out in the "middle" of the shelf in the pantry where it will be in the way and take a beating.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Why not drill on an angle into the corner?

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Trim fixed to the side. You would need to slide refer out.
What wires are you trying to add?
What is under the refer?

That's a bummer about the trim. I do NOT want to go to all the trouble of moving the fridge just to see if there's someplace to route a couple wires.

I want to add LED lights inside my pantry cabinets to the left of the fridge. I'll take power from the LPG detector circuit under the fridge. If I don't come up the outside of the pantry with the +/- leads for the two new circuits I'll be making then I'll have to route the wiring through the panty compartments which of necessity will have to be a little messy because I can't drill in the extremes of the corners where the wires would be out of the way because the body of the drill gets in the way butting up against the cabinet wall (see photo).

If I could come in from the outside of the cabinet where each of the 5 LED strips will be located (one on each shelf) it would be a much neater looking job and safer as there wouldn't be wiring inside the cabinets subject to getting bunked.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Trim fixed to the side. You would need to slide refer out.
What wires are you trying to add?
What is under the refer?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker