cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing/Transporting your Waste Storage Tote Along

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
How do you transport your Tote Along ? We’re probably going to put it in the back of the truck, but thought I’d ask if anyone has any DIY ideas. We have a 42 gallon tote along and our TT doesn’t have a ladder on back, just the bumper/spare. Thank you in advance
6 REPLIES 6

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Surgtech94 wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Bumper mount Tote carrier.
Available on Amazon
Camco Rhino Bumper Mount RV Tote Tank Carrier - Mounts Directly onto Your RV Bumper

Thank you. I just looked and it won’t hold a 42 gallon, largest is 36

I believe it will hold a 42. That 36 gallon figure is based on the fact Thetford does not make a 42. However the carrier can certainly carry a 42 gallon tote. The 42 is not that much bigger, simply spread the arms farther apart where the unit attaches to the RV bumper. This carrier is the solution you are looking for
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I think you should bungy cord it to rear bumper and put a sign on it that says,"This full, tailgate at your own risk!"
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Available on Amazon
Camco Rhino Bumper Mount RV Tote Tank Carrier - Mounts Directly onto Your RV Bumper

Thank you. I just looked and it won’t hold a 42 gallon, largest is 36

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Some will say I am looking for trouble and being foolish but I transport my 35 pound tote on the ladder. It has hooks to grab a rung and I strap it on so there is no play possible. My thought is that the ladder is supposedly rated for 250 but I would trust it for 35. I would never trust it for what it is rated for.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Available on Amazon

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Surgtech94 wrote:
How do you transport your Tote Along ? We’re probably going to put it in the back of the truck, but thought I’d ask if anyone has any DIY ideas. We have a 42 gallon tote along and our TT doesn’t have a ladder on back, just the bumper/spare. Thank you in advance

As the empty tote isn't heavy, you could probably fabricate a bumper mounted rack from angle iron and 4 inch (square) U-bolts. Secure the tote to the rack with a rachet nylon strap.

This was my solution for transporting a small rectangular charcoal grill on our 18 foot 'weekend' camper. I didn't want it in the bay where remaining ashes could leak. Black spray paint matched to the bumper. Hint, put assembly bolt heads facing the tote with locking nuts outside.