cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrading to stainless fridge (cover?) & sink? Cost?

EstorilM
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I'm in a tinkering mood since I just got this thing, not sure - but yeah here's another thread. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So one of the things I really liked about the 2570RL I just got a few weeks ago, was that it had stainless appliances for its price-point.

The microwave and oven are SS, which sort-of dominate the image of the kitchen area, however the refer and especially the sink, don't really blend in. The sink in particular looks out-of-place / somewhat cheaper than the surroundings.

How hard is it to swap out? I've done some research and I guess these are just residential sinks but I may need to adapt some PEX to hook them up?

I believe I have a regular dometic medium refer, and I THINK I've seen them have many different "shells" for the front. Is this a thing? While I've heard of them, I can't seem to FIND them.

Just those two things would really change the image I think, though maybe I'm crazy - also just curious what everyone else thinks. First impression-wise, walking in and seeing it like the image below, or picture the sink and refer SS.

This is a better shot that I found online..
2016 Springdale Summerland 2570RL Arctic
2006 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE | OE tow pkg & air suspension
7 REPLIES 7

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Check with Johnson's Surplus , Bontrager's RV Surplus and Tom's Borderline Bargains. All are located close to White Pigeon Michigan, they all do e-sales and have had sinks when we were at their locations. Another place that does Internet sales located in Elkhart Indiana is Factory RV Surplus we have seen sinks there also (we bought a Rv fireplace from them). We purchased sinks and several faucets for our Texas Room at our RV lot in Mission TX from Tom's and Johnson's.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
Oh forgot it slid right in over the paper wood panels because it is very thin before the laminate it to a surface. Hardest part was figuring ho to get to the place where we could slide it in. Once you figure that out piece of cake.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
We upgraded our fridge to black panels. Had a kitchen counter place in town order a sheet of Formica laminate. If I remember right a large sheet was was just under $100 and they included cutting 2 pieces in price then gave us a large piece that was left over. What a difference it really updated the unit. Since then recovered a fridge in a small trailer, it was really easy to slice with a sharp blade. Worth every penny we spent on it.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
You forgot about a stainless steel range hood.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Personally, I think the fridge blends in fine but the white sink is a little out of place. I like it better than those silver plastic sinks though.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
As far as the fridge is concerned, those wood panels just slide out and can be replaced by anything that's 1/4" thick or less.
You can buy the exactly what you need here: On line metal and simply slide it into the doors. It may even fit right over the existing wood panels.
I have used this co. in the past and they are very good.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
You can get SS inserts for the RV fridge I just googled them most seem to be for Dometic.
RV sinks are usally smaller than home kitchen sinks. I replaced ours with DWs prefered composit granite I had to cut a larger hole for it to fit. Just check your cabinet measurements.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu