cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Jayco

2hammers
Explorer
Explorer
Our fairly new Jayco Premier Fifth Wheel is oxidized..the whole thing! Any ideas as to what went wrong? We removed the oxidation and then properly waxed it..it looked beautiful. Three weeks later the oxidation was back. any ideas as to what caused this? Jayco made a partial reimbursement to have it repaired..they are charging us $3000 for just the decals. Also..any ideas on the type of repair? Paint? Clear coat?
2 REPLIES 2

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
$3,000.00 for just the decals is absurd! Many of have had the same problem. Painting the caps with a base coat/clear coat finish is the only cure. There was no uv inhibitor in the gel coat. You can buff and wax forever it will keep coming back. Mine cost $1500.00 to paint the front and $1050.00 to paint the rear. Manufacturer supplied the decals and they were installed by the paint shop. Find a truck/bus shop and get some bids. They will have a large enough paint booth. Forget going to an RV dealer. They usually send them out and mark up the price..Good luck.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm sorry to hear about your problem, I just finished taking all the decals off our Montana and don't plan on replacing them, I am thinking about painting stripes etc. on. As for cleaning I have found using "Murphy's Oil Soap" works great no harm to the gelcoat or finish. We were at the show in Hershey and found that a lot of the new Campers are painting the designs on also. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W