cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's that time again

It's that time of the year to get my own, personal "honey do" list done ~

Front cap, rear cap done..... curb side top half is done, street side bottom half is done...

I work against the sun, mornings I do street side as that faces west, and evenings I do the curb side..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
12 REPLIES 12

Splashers3 wrote:
I washed & waxed mine about 10 days ago.... by hand....no buffer! It is a chore...but now done until we put her to bed...although I wax the front cap after each trip.

I do need to get that ladder & plank setup.

basic articulating gorilla ladders from big box store, and I cannot remember where I got the extending aluminum plank....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

wildtoad wrote:
Looks good. Too much work for me. I’m more into spray on - wipe off.

I too like to use spray on but try to get 1 good coat of paste/liquid wax on early each year.. I will follow this up with regular washing and using Wash Wax All when needed..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ScottG wrote:
She looks great! (assuming "she" given the Brazilian wax treatment..)
😉

Thanks Scott.

its a she/her :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
😉

::B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
😉

MFL wrote:
Hey Buddy...looks like yur gettin ur done! Lookin good, and from the equipment, it's not your first rodeo for sure.

I've always worked off a step ladder, and just using hand held pads and towels. Using scaffolding would be a huge step up for me.

While you have a lot of surface to clean/wax, I think the body paint is easier to do than gelcoat. Are you using an orbital, rather than rotary polisher? I bought a new rotary polisher, with wool bonnet last Fall, so will give it a try next month. My driver side gets a lot of sun, parked on my concrete pad at home, so hoping to bring more shine back to the high gloss gel on that side.

I'm going to use Meguiar's one step 67, that worked well on the front cap, a couple years ago. I followed with NuFinish polish.

Jerry

Hey Jerry, I use a orbital buffer with an application pad. I take everything off by hand and then go over to second time with a clean towel.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hey Buddy...looks like yur gettin ur done! Lookin good, and from the equipment, it's not your first rodeo for sure.

I've always worked off a step ladder, and just using hand held pads and towels. Using scaffolding would be a huge step up for me.

While you have a lot of surface to clean/wax, I think the body paint is easier to do than gelcoat. Are you using an orbital, rather than rotary polisher? I bought a new rotary polisher, with wool bonnet last Fall, so will give it a try next month. My driver side gets a lot of sun, parked on my concrete pad at home, so hoping to bring more shine back to the high gloss gel on that side.

I'm going to use Meguiar's one step 67, that worked well on the front cap, a couple years ago. I followed with NuFinish polish.

Jerry

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I knew there was something I was needing to do. Thanks for the reminder FTG but with both knees being replaced this year I'm not sure I want to be climbing ladders. I may have to hire it done this year.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
I washed & waxed mine about 10 days ago.... by hand....no buffer! It is a chore...but now done until we put her to bed...although I wax the front cap after each trip.

I do need to get that ladder & plank setup.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks good. Too much work for me. I’m more into spray on - wipe off.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

nickthehunter wrote:
When do you do the curb side?

Sorry, literally just sat down and typed that… Curb side is PM…that side faces east
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
When do you do the curb side?