cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for mid bunkroom 5th wheel

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the market for a new 5th wheel with a mid bunk room and rear living area. We like the Grand Design Reflection 31MB but would like to see other brands for comparison. I tow with a 2016 GMC 2500HD Duramax so I have limitations. Anyone have ideas on others we should consider?
7 REPLIES 7

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Montana High Country 334/335BH has a rear bunk with a half bath and it's not much bigger than the one you're looking at. But it has less living space. The 31MB is a nice layout.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen other mid bunk designs but they all seem too large for a 2500. Jayco and others have that mid bunk design but add a loft and length over the one you are looking at. I have also seen a new Sierra design with a rear queen and loft in the bunk area. But, if I recall, too heavy for a 2500. I'm not in the market to upgrade, but whenever I look, the first thing I realize is I need a new truck...

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 99 Ram 2500. Beefed up with air bags, big diff. Cover and synthetics, 100 hp injectors, pac brake, and built trans, it handled the trailer just fine, in fact more than fine. Your 2016 Duramax should handle it. With no problem. Iโ€™m currently running on an 18 ram SRW 3500. No duely needed.
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, the Big Horn 39MB is a great layout but I'm afraid it's too much for my truck. I think I'd need a 1 ton dually for that rig. I think the Reflection 31MB is probably the best choice for us.

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
Big Horn Traveler 39MB. Donโ€™t know what your max weights are, but this trailer is 15.5k GVRW and 42โ€™ . It has a mid โ€œapartmentโ€ as I call it, and a sleeping loft above it (great for kids).
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a bunch of links to video's of fifth wheel bunkhouse models.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Not much better out there than a Grand Design.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE