cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WW Repairs

dedmiston
As just about all of us have read here, certain models of WW trailers have defects that have resulted in a number of different problems. To one degree or another, this subject has come up on this forum and most of the posts have eventually been locked and/or deleted. The forum administration has decided to make a one-time exception and allow this thread in order to help our forum members get informed and hopefully get their trailers repaired.

IMPORTANT GROUND RULES:
  • This thread is a one-off exception to the following forum rule:
    Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
    This exception applies to this one thread only. This rule will continue to be enforced in other threads. So keep the WW class action discussion in this thread, or your posts will be deleted.

• The following rule will still be enforced:
    You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
    In other words, no bashing allowed. This thread is for disseminating information, not venting your spleen. Flaming, trolling, bashing, etc. will not be permitted.

• Only general discussion of these problems and repairs are allowed. Specific questions about individual circumstances are not allowed ("my XYZ is bent, does this situation apply to me?").

• We all have brains. Please use them. Verify what you read here. I am wrong all the time. Please don't rely on me for any decisions you may choose to make. If you make a bad call, don't blame me, please.

• For the sake of full disclosure, I own a 2005 FS2600 and am having trouble with my trailer. I consider myself fairly objective, but that doesn't mean I don't ever have biases. In some recent cases where I could not be objective, I defered to Y-Guy and Admin to take the wheel. In this thread I will tell you what I've done and what my experiences have been.
Now, with that out of the way...

As most of you know, there has been a class action suit and Weekend Warrior is settling with the class. Here's a link to the Settlement Agreement: http://www.trailersettlement.com/sa.pdf. I won't go into the details of the settlement, because I don't want to be in the position of interpreting it or giving any legal clarification or advice. So if you're having trouble with your trailer, this is one possible avenue. Contact (866)459-6003 or visit www.trailersettlement.com for information about the class action settlement. They can tell you whether you qualify and where to go from there.

That's one option.

Without going into too many details, I discovered some problems with my trailer. After seeing pictures of some that were worse than mine, I decided I'd better do something before it got worse. However, I'm not a fan of class action suits. I've received too many checks for $10 in the mail to cover one class action or another. I didn't want to take the chance of having my trailer only partially fixed or having to personally pay a bunch of money for only half a fix. So I contacted Weekend Warrior directly and told them about my problems. Couldn't hurt, right?

Know what they said? "Let's make an appointment for you to bring it in and we'll fix it." :E

So yesterday I took my trailer down to beautiful Perris and dropped it off. I asked about the cost, and my service writer said they'd FIX IT. I watched him write up his sheet and he only filled in prices for the extra items I requested (fair 'nuf). Being the selfish guy I am, I took this bit of good news and high tailed it out of there counting myself a very lucky man. Sure, it would have been better if it hadn't broken in the first place. But the past can't be changed. I just want mine fixed.

After feeling fairly secure that I had MINE taken care of, I wanted to find out if I had just personally hit the jackpot or if this was the WW policy in these cases. So I contacted someone higher up at WW to find out if other people in this same situation could expect the same treatment. Here's what I was told:
Any customer who currently has an issue, we are standing behind [them]. If they have an issue that has not been resolved, we are directing them to contact us here, locally, or the dealership in their area.

We are standing behind our product. By that, I mean we are fixing anything that needs to be fixed as long as there are no apparent signs of abuse. If the consumer is, however, looking for any type of monetary compensation then we cannot directly assist them. They would then need to contact the (866)459-6003 number or visit www.trailersettlement.com.

There's your other option.

If you choose to contact Weekend Warrior directly for repairs, call (909)579-0353. The operator in Upland routes the calls to the appropriate repair facility in Perris (Superlite or Normal).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
585 REPLIES 585

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
I have an '07 full throttle 5er. I have been busy with repairs on this rig. I was sitting here browsing and came upon this thread. Am I to assume that since this is a sticky, that WW's have an unusually high amount of problems. I don't doubt it. This thing has more problems than I care to remember. I am in the middle of repairing the garage wall from water intrusion from the wheel well. The entire lower wall was rotten. I cut a piece of treated 2x12 to fit in the space, coated it with flexseal and wrapped it in Tyvex. Once that was bolted in, I resealed the side to the board. Used expanding foam where needed and under-coated the whole thing with flexseal. Pain in the ass for something that should have been sealed at the factory.
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually

FunWW
Explorer
Explorer
I've been thinking about replacing the WW graphics on my front cap, its starting to look a bit faded.
'06 Weekend Warrior FS2600
'08 GMC 2500 4x4 CC diesel
ATVs
Cam Am DS650
Kawi KFX700
Kawi KFX400
Kawi KVF650
Can Am DS650 w/Yamaha R1 motor
Custom golf carts for campground only trips

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I purchased my graphics from Empire RV parts and I received them in a couple of days. Weekend Warrior Gear would also have them but they tend to be a bit pricier on their parts.

Diamonddawg19
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Weekend Warrior FS 2800 billet edition where can I buy new graphics for this unit I live in orange county California
Thanks

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
The NORCO Frames on the superlights are Junk. I welded 1/8 wall 1"x1" square tubing inside along the frame on both sides with 1"x1" square tube uprights over the shackles supporting the frame. I then welded 2"x2" square tube connecting the shakle bracket on the rear tire and middle shackle bracket. I then replaced grease bolts and sway shakles all around. they were worn bad after about 2000 miles on the trailer. That stopped the sway. I just drove from Buffalo to Memphis and back. I drove at 70-75 the whole time. The new 10ply tires have no unusual wear and the trailer is very stable and tracks great. FYI I pulled it with a F150 Ecoboost and ran between 1800rpm and 3000rpm. Pulling at 70mph up that long grade in Cincinnatee was awesome.

The only incident was I took out my waste dump backing up on blocks. But that is kind of a blessing because they hung too low anyway and was always a pain to dump into stations that were high . with a couple of Fernco no hub fittings I now have a much cleaner looking and higher dump

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
FunWW wrote:
So far so good on my FS2600 frame. My brother has a 2005 FS3000, his is ok to.
We have the smooth sides and mine has a small slide out. Maybe they're not effected, I don't know. My frame is like 6" C channel though.

The FS26 and FS 30 have solid frame sides correct. The SuperLites have the punched frames and are the ones that have most of the problems with the tongue and frames. Probably because of that also maybe.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

FunWW
Explorer
Explorer
So far so good on my FS2600 frame. My brother has a 2005 FS3000, his is ok to.
We have the smooth sides and mine has a small slide out. Maybe they're not effected, I don't know. My frame is like 6" C channel though.
'06 Weekend Warrior FS2600
'08 GMC 2500 4x4 CC diesel
ATVs
Cam Am DS650
Kawi KFX700
Kawi KFX400
Kawi KVF650
Can Am DS650 w/Yamaha R1 motor
Custom golf carts for campground only trips

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck!!!

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
My frame had a 1 inch kink in it going inward at the 3rd hole. I was able to pull it out with a peice of 2x2 tube clamped to the frame and using another c-clamp pull it back straight. I am not out of the woods yet. There is a long bow i attribute to the long spring shackle acting as a lever swaying in and out.

I feel very lucky I was able to make it back from my two hour ride with out more damage than I have. Looks like I get to do more plastic repair

I know that Zeiman made the trailers but when I called them for suggestions they told me the frame was made by NORCO
I have a call into NORCO aka BAL but have yet to recieve a response. I am not looking for anything nor expect anything from these companies other than good will and hopefully some drawings or instructions on strenghtening the frame and shackles

I will update with pictures as I progress

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
Ok here I go again. This time its to the chassis. Went on a 2 hour trip with 2 quads and a full tank of fuel. Steep grades and winding road with a one mile one lane dirt trail to the camp site. When I unloaded I noticed my fender cover on the inside was pulled up about an inch from the floor on the back. upon inspection I found that I had a bent frame at the left rear tire casuing my left rear tire to rub against the inside fender well. Also the weld on the crossmember that supports the left rear spring shackle is broke Which I think caused the fender box on the inside to lift. I will again document the fix.

My only concern is, I read that any welding or heating at the spring shakles or around any of the wheel supports will void the warranty (sarcasum)

:S

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
The Superlites came in a 2100, not a 2200.....are you sure that this is a Superlite? We have friends with a "non" Superlite FB2200 2006, and they have not had any problems with theirs. We have heard that the trailers with Zieman frames are the ones with more issues. On ours the first indication was the top front cap kept cracking....the cause being that the tongue was flexing...not due to any off-roading, but a weak Zieman frame. That caused the front end to be displaced. Other things to look for....the sidewalls dropping down on the outside edges of the frame....all of these things can lead to roof problems. You may want to ask the seller if the trailer has had the "propholactic fix" before purchasing. Again, good luck!

prockish17
Explorer
Explorer
With your bent toungue, did you take your trailer off road, subject to dips etc... I hear that was partially root cause. I am looking at a 2008 FB2200, any issues to look out for before buying.

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2008 Superlite which has not had any roof problems, at least not yet!! We did have the problem with the flexing tongue and frame "issues". It cost us $4600.00 and 2 trips to SoCal to have fixed but insurance covered almost all. Good luck!

prockish17
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if I alread missed this question. Is it just the 2007 superlites that have this issue. I am looking at buying a 2008 superlite. Which trailers are affected by this sagging roof issues.

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
jpogue wrote:
Ok done with all rotten framework repair,installed new osb roofing deck,reattached siding, and window on one side. In order to post pics you have to use some sort of hosting site. Too complicated for me. When romoving all of the old caulk and putty from tpo roof I noticed something in the front were the nosecap attaches. Some of the old putty still has the tape on it. I see this being a part of cause of leaking as well. Before I re-attach nose cap I have another question. At the top of nosecap there was a backing like cardboard in the curved section. Could a piece of thin paneling be used there instead? Armdrag it looks like you used something like that on yours. Once again thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Yes I used 1/4 luan ripped down to 4 inch strips

This I glued EPDM over that for additional water protection

I made sure it flashed under the top EPDM

Then I buttoned it up and went camping