cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WW Repairs

dedmiston
As just about all of us have read here, certain models of WW trailers have defects that have resulted in a number of different problems. To one degree or another, this subject has come up on this forum and most of the posts have eventually been locked and/or deleted. The forum administration has decided to make a one-time exception and allow this thread in order to help our forum members get informed and hopefully get their trailers repaired.

IMPORTANT GROUND RULES:
  • This thread is a one-off exception to the following forum rule:
    Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
    This exception applies to this one thread only. This rule will continue to be enforced in other threads. So keep the WW class action discussion in this thread, or your posts will be deleted.

• The following rule will still be enforced:
    You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
    In other words, no bashing allowed. This thread is for disseminating information, not venting your spleen. Flaming, trolling, bashing, etc. will not be permitted.

• Only general discussion of these problems and repairs are allowed. Specific questions about individual circumstances are not allowed ("my XYZ is bent, does this situation apply to me?").

• We all have brains. Please use them. Verify what you read here. I am wrong all the time. Please don't rely on me for any decisions you may choose to make. If you make a bad call, don't blame me, please.

• For the sake of full disclosure, I own a 2005 FS2600 and am having trouble with my trailer. I consider myself fairly objective, but that doesn't mean I don't ever have biases. In some recent cases where I could not be objective, I defered to Y-Guy and Admin to take the wheel. In this thread I will tell you what I've done and what my experiences have been.
Now, with that out of the way...

As most of you know, there has been a class action suit and Weekend Warrior is settling with the class. Here's a link to the Settlement Agreement: http://www.trailersettlement.com/sa.pdf. I won't go into the details of the settlement, because I don't want to be in the position of interpreting it or giving any legal clarification or advice. So if you're having trouble with your trailer, this is one possible avenue. Contact (866)459-6003 or visit www.trailersettlement.com for information about the class action settlement. They can tell you whether you qualify and where to go from there.

That's one option.

Without going into too many details, I discovered some problems with my trailer. After seeing pictures of some that were worse than mine, I decided I'd better do something before it got worse. However, I'm not a fan of class action suits. I've received too many checks for $10 in the mail to cover one class action or another. I didn't want to take the chance of having my trailer only partially fixed or having to personally pay a bunch of money for only half a fix. So I contacted Weekend Warrior directly and told them about my problems. Couldn't hurt, right?

Know what they said? "Let's make an appointment for you to bring it in and we'll fix it." :E

So yesterday I took my trailer down to beautiful Perris and dropped it off. I asked about the cost, and my service writer said they'd FIX IT. I watched him write up his sheet and he only filled in prices for the extra items I requested (fair 'nuf). Being the selfish guy I am, I took this bit of good news and high tailed it out of there counting myself a very lucky man. Sure, it would have been better if it hadn't broken in the first place. But the past can't be changed. I just want mine fixed.

After feeling fairly secure that I had MINE taken care of, I wanted to find out if I had just personally hit the jackpot or if this was the WW policy in these cases. So I contacted someone higher up at WW to find out if other people in this same situation could expect the same treatment. Here's what I was told:
Any customer who currently has an issue, we are standing behind [them]. If they have an issue that has not been resolved, we are directing them to contact us here, locally, or the dealership in their area.

We are standing behind our product. By that, I mean we are fixing anything that needs to be fixed as long as there are no apparent signs of abuse. If the consumer is, however, looking for any type of monetary compensation then we cannot directly assist them. They would then need to contact the (866)459-6003 number or visit www.trailersettlement.com.

There's your other option.

If you choose to contact Weekend Warrior directly for repairs, call (909)579-0353. The operator in Upland routes the calls to the appropriate repair facility in Perris (Superlite or Normal).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
585 REPLIES 585

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I never though about an insurance claim.

I have charges hail damage but not frame damage.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got the leak around the wheel wells. I had enough. called Insurance and filed a claim. They totaled it. I am now the proud owner of a Keystone carbon. with a roof that is made for the Northeast and a frame that wont twist and break.

dedmiston
LowRyter wrote:
My SuperLight 5th wheel is in the shop now. It looks like $2500 to repair the broken frame. The frame is so inadequate that the shop won't warranty the work as their usual practice.

So this could be a recurring issue.

Good luck with your repairs. I hope they get you back on the road again.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to say this, but your $2500.00 quote is pretty good. I paid $4600.00 to repair my Superlite FB1900 2 years ago. The repair place worked with us and we submitted a claim to our insurance company....they paid everything but our deductible! We still have issue with the trailer such as leaks around the wheel wells, the seal was never the same after the repair to the frame...? Oh well, we still love the trailer. Go figure......good luck with yours!

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
My SuperLight 5th wheel is in the shop now. It looks like $2500 to repair the broken frame. The frame is so inadequate that the shop won't warranty the work as their usual practice.

So this could be a recurring issue.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Y-Guy
wwcrasher wrote:
Hello, new member, 1st post and owner of a WW F2300.

...boy do I wish I looked around more before jumping on this. I pulled in, saw a beautiful interior and a checker board awning and it sucked me in.

First of all welcome to RV.net. Sorry you got a bum deal, but at least you didn't buy a brand new unit and have the issue. Still a large number of WW on the forum so don't hesitate to ask for help as you did into the repairs.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

wwcrasher
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, new member, 1st post and owner of a WW F2300.

We had 3'of snow dumping on us numerous times last year. So when I found a very inexpensive WW for sale, I was aware it had some water damage. Basically a soft spot in the kitchen reinforced by the PO that said he didn't use it much anymore.

I used it 2X this summer; Lost 1 wheel bearing but otherwise it seemed fine.
What a beautiful built trailer to be such a POS. I'll be posting my repairs but from the fridge forward, the entire floor is gone. The roof is damaged and I've never seen such an amount of sealer used as a bandage.

These things are built so cheap, the finger lapped horizontal roofing, plumbing leaks and all that I have read now!!??

Mine is probably the shortest model they made, so I may be AOK in the frame dept. But the tires and rims and all the horrible construction have me shaking my head in lack of understanding. Lipstick didn't help the pig....

I had a Coleman popup that I thought was junk. Now I have a 25K$ Toy Hauler that's junk. I'll fix it better than new but boy do I wish I looked around more before jumping on this. I pulled in, saw a beautiful interior and a checker board awning and it sucked me in.

Anyway, thank you all for sharing your problems and I'm very sorry to hear it happened to any of us.

THANK YOU WEEKEND WARRIOR!!!!!!!

lngwca2600
Explorer
Explorer
Wizbangdoodle wrote:
OK, waking up an old thread to see if anyone else has this issue. I've got a 2007 FTL4005. Every time I use the shower, I get a leak coming down into the storage space underneath the shower. It seems to come down the wall and into the storage door so every time I lift the door I get an outdoor shower! I have caulked the shower twice now and still have a leak. I looked at the drain pipe and no leak there. Anyone else have an issue like this?

I had a leak behind shower valves. The hoses come up wall and over time started a small leak when shower was turned on and off. Resulting in a leak in wall and down to bottom of trailer. Look behind shower valve in wall.
2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Stock
2008 Weekend Warrior FSW2800 Loaded w/ Couch Slide
2009 Yamaha Rhino
2007 Honda CRF250r
2006 Polaris Predator 50
2005 Suzuki JR50
1988 Honda Fourtrax 70 restored

Sold - 2004 F150
Sold - 2007 WW FS2500
Sold - 2002 Yamaha Banshee

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
OK, waking up an old thread to see if anyone else has this issue. I've got a 2007 FTL4005. Every time I use the shower, I get a leak coming down into the storage space underneath the shower. It seems to come down the wall and into the storage door so every time I lift the door I get an outdoor shower! I have caulked the shower twice now and still have a leak. I looked at the drain pipe and no leak there. Anyone else have an issue like this?
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually

callen65
Explorer
Explorer
I repaired my tank using fiberglass. Worked great!

armdrag
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Ingwca,

The Weekend Warrior and many other RV Tanks are made by Inca Plastics.
http://www.incaplastics.com/page9.html
They also show you how to repair the tanks
http://www.incaplastics.com/page8.html

I don't know why it is such a tightly held secret here. I am sure the manufactures on here as well as parts replacement folks already know this.

They are in Adelanto California
http://www.incaplastics.com/page5.html

Good Luck with your repair
Ken Bruce

lngwca2600
Explorer
Explorer
asprinkles wrote:
I need to replace the front water tank on my 2007fk19 w.w. Any ideas where to get a new front 50 gallon tank. Fitting was brittle and cracked. Thanks Leigh

Try warriorlifestyles.com / parts

They might be able to direct you. They have a bunch of parts from older models.
2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Stock
2008 Weekend Warrior FSW2800 Loaded w/ Couch Slide
2009 Yamaha Rhino
2007 Honda CRF250r
2006 Polaris Predator 50
2005 Suzuki JR50
1988 Honda Fourtrax 70 restored

Sold - 2004 F150
Sold - 2007 WW FS2500
Sold - 2002 Yamaha Banshee

asprinkles
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the front water tank on my 2007fk19 w.w. Any ideas where to get a new front 50 gallon tank. Fitting was brittle and cracked. Thanks Leigh

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
MQUnlimited wrote:
I had my trailer repaired last year. It began when I noticed the back of the garage had dry rot. It was caused because during assembly of my trailer, the tech forgot to apply a sealant on the outside trim of the trailer.

Based upon the number seen with the same problem, I'd wager is was part of their training program. LOL

MQUnlimited wrote:
... The fiberglass is two pieces, seamed together by this strip that allowed water into mine. While the repair center had it apart, they noticed my frame had a 4 inch crack right behind of the third axle. I had them do the frame mod as well and total, it cost me $5500. The frame mod actually fixed a lot of my panels and cabinets that were once bowed and had gaps. Now my trailer feels solid and in the five years of owning it, that's all that has happened to it. I own a 2008 3905SLC.

Dumbest design ever.
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

MQUnlimited
Explorer
Explorer
I had my trailer repaired last year. It began when I noticed the back of the garage had dry rot. It was caused because during assembly of my trailer, the tech forgot to apply a sealant on the outside trim of the trailer. The fiberglass is two pieces, seamed together by this strip that allowed water into mine. While the repair center had it apart, they noticed my frame had a 4 inch crack right behind of the third axle. I had them do the frame mod as well and total, it cost me $5500. The frame mod actually fixed a lot of my panels and cabinets that were once bowed and had gaps. Now my trailer feels solid and in the five years of owning it, that's all that has happened to it. I own a 2008 3905SLC.
www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905