cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 Monaco Windsor Dash air/heat trouble

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
My 99 Windsor only blows thru the defrost vents. I know this is the default function because of no vacuum. My question is where does it get its vacuum from? I though there would be a 12volt vacuum pump somewhere but haven't found it. I did find a solenoid in the vacuum system but no pump. Any help with the vacuum source location would be greatly appreciated. Robbie
7 REPLIES 7

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
That was good. So many things on these motor homes are simple to fix if only we could find what is causing the problem---

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Oldave I reconnected everything fired up the coach and it worked perfectly. The electrical connection was the problem. Thanks again

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Robbie Welch wrote:
Oldave rereading your reply the vacuum generator may be what I was looking at. I did find a bad connection on it but I never fired up the coach after nothing ran after I repaired the connection. I'll put it back together and run the coach to see if its repaired. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

Right Robbie you'll need to run the engine because the vacuum gen
uses air pressure .
Finding the bad connection will probably fix your problem .
Good going .

Ray

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
Oldave rereading your reply the vacuum generator may be what I was looking at. I did find a bad connection on it but I never fired up the coach after nothing ran after I repaired the connection. I'll put it back together and run the coach to see if its repaired. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
Its a diesel.I found that small back box above the generator that appeared to be a solenoid to me. It had a switch and a small cylindrical shaped unit that a think is a solenoid. I say that because I took the electrically connected part off and didn't see any type of diaphragm or pumping parts. The pump/solenoid had a air line and a vacuum line attached to it?

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Robbie ,
Mine has a little black plastic 12v pump above the gen .
On some coaches mostly earlier models they used a vacuum generator