cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought sunseeker 3010ds

c5er
Explorer
Explorer
Finally landed on a class c , a sunseeker 3010. It’s a little longer and heavier than I wanted but the family is happy. At least until they realize what the won’t be able to bring along to keep it from being overloaded.

Any feedback from current owners on mods, best practices, lessons learned?
Waukesha WI
2006 Dodge 3500CTD QC laramie SB 4x4
2007 Cougar 289bhs 5er
3 REPLIES 3

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Happy travelling to you, but, just in case it wanders at highway speeds.....

POPULAR MECHANICS MAY 1973:
START QUOTE:
If too little caster exists, the car will wander and weave,
thus necessitating constant corrections in steering.
END QUOTE:

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
if you haven't already, head over to the Forest River Forums for everything Forest River. Keep in mind the Sunseeker has a close cousin, the Forester. Both have similar naming, for example, the Forester version of ours is the 2251. I browse & participate in both forums.

We have a 2016 2250 Sunseeker on Chevy, and have very much enjoyed it. Forest River seems to be huge conglomerate of brands, so quality varies by plant and by day.

When they are shoving them through, they do some fairly shoddy work. Unless the previous owner cleaned up after them, you'll probably find areas full of assembly debris including lots of lost fasteners.

However, our unit has been much better overall than our 2000 Four Winds 26Q on Ford.

Check out my modification pics on my photo hosting website: PBase - BNMac - Sunseeker Images.

Enjoy your Sunseeker!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

steelhunter
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!

Share a pic of your new motorhome!

One of the best reasons to own a class C is that you'll be able to easily camp in places that would never fit a big rig.
Travel the back roads and you'll see our great country from a new and wonderful perspective.