1976 Winnebago Chieftain Turbo LS
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
6 REPLIES 6

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
That is wild and crazy.

My reply is a bit off topic, but then again, maybe not so much.

If you have a sudden loss of power in your E350 or E450 motor home after recent service, there is something you can easily check for.

Around year 2010, Ford had a recall on improper installation of the upper radiator plastic shroud. It is the plastic thing your oval air filter tube snaps into. An assembly line worker was installing the shroud incorrectly, placing a plastic flap in the wrong position causing air-intake blockage. If your local mechanic takes the shroud off, he too could easily and unknowingly make the same mistake.

It is extremely easy to check, taking just as long to open and prop up the hood. You simply unsnap the oval air filter inlet tube from the top of the radiator area and swivel it upward. Look where it snapped into. You should NOT see a black plastic blockage in the hole. If there is a blockage, you have to detach and lift up the top radiator shroud, flip the black flap away from the opening and lower the shroud back into position and reattach.

It is a power-robbing problem easily introduced. Your mechanic could overlook this if not familiar with it. It's very easy to get it wrong, and fairly easy to make it right again.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some people have too much money, too much time but I like the sound of it.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Actually a class A but you could do this to a C also. What's amazing is that they claim to get 10-12 mpg!
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That Winnebago is a true Sleeper. :C

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
It's an interesting project, but, IMO, they should wire the hazard lights so that they are on, . . . . . . all the time.

Chum lee