cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Load sensing proprtioning valve

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1987 Gulfstream 27' El Capitan. I bought it recently, and discovered that the load sensing proportioning valve has been disabled and does not function. I am getting no brake fluid pressure past the valve, but have it up to the valve. The driveline is a Ford 460 with a C-6 automatic.
Is this valve serviceable? Does anyone have a diagram of one in service? It seems the actuating lever is missing. I am tempted to put a manual valve in with a knob that adjusts the pressure versus the load sensing feature. My guess is this valve isn't available anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up buying a new valve, I found one on EBay. The part is no longer available, and this was the only one I could find. I paid dearly, but what price can you put on good brakes? I still need the linkage, does anyone know of a motorhome junkyard or know someone who sells used parts? The linkage is much more simple that the valve.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Personally, I wouldn't replace it with a manual one. Messing with the brake system could have dire consequences for you and others on the road. There was a reason the mfg designed your system that way. Your coach isn't so old that replacement parts can't be found. Google is your friend. If not, visit a reputable brake shop and ask them....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Is this part of the braking system? If so, there's a long history of manufacturers molding a casting number into the part when it's a brake part. Where your missing actuating lever was might have been previously attached to one of those parts.

So look for a casting number, than google it.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Autozone list some. My 99 does not have it.